Brined chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chestnutbloom

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Sarasota, FL
Hi, I'll be brining some chicken tomorrow to smoke the following day. I have two 6# chickens that I cut in half and 3 thighs. Any suggestions on time and temp would be greatly appreciated!  
icon_smile.gif

On the splits I would vote for 375 -400 till it hits 175 measured in the thigh. Should take around an hour if all goes well. Followed by wrapping and sticking n the insulated box for an hour. The individual thighs should be brought up to 160 prob take 15 mins or so. Best of fortunes.  

Thanks all for the info! Since my MES only gets to 275 I will smoke for say one hour and then into the oven to crisp and finish it off.... 
thumb1.gif

You gonna put a rub on the chicken?

How about spatchcocking the whole birds to help the cook?

Dirtsailor, yours looks nice and moist.  What rub did you use?

Okay so I brined some chicken overnight (about 15 hrs total) then lightly applied rub I had leftover in the cabinet.
Stuck them in my MES for about 2hrs at 250-275.
Used some mesquite chips.

Then I stuck them in the oven at 375 for about 15 mins.
Thanks to all the info I got from this forum the finished product was juicy, crispy deliciousness! This was my first brine and I was worried about it being salty but it was not. Thanks everybody! 

Next up I'll brine a turkey I have in the freezer....
beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky