Brine or Inject

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcglenn1009

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Along the lines of if you had one game to win which QB would you want, if you had one turkey to do would you brine or inject it?  

Personally I would brine but to each their own

Add me to the brine list. You cant inject an entire bird evenly but you can brine it evenly

I agree with the rest that brining is the way to go. However, I also like to inject under the skin with chicken broth, butter, and some rub. So in most cases I do both.

I brined for the first time this past Thanksgiving... I feel like I was lied to my entire life... i never knew Turkey could be so delicious! I will have to go w/ Brining as well...

Brining is the only way to go.

Phillip Rivers would be the only QB I would start today if I could only pick one (Dan Fouts doesn't play anymore).

icon_cool.gif

I'm on the brining band wagon here. I would also suggest Tip's Slaughter House Brine too.

I'd say, "Get this bird out of here, and bring me some Ham & Bacon to smoke!"
duel.gif

But that's just ME!

Bear

Wow looks like brine is the clear choice.  I have always injected stuff cause it is fast and easy, but as I get more involved in smoking I have this new desire to make my turkey go swimming this year.  Just so I am sure some of you are saying you would brine the turkey and inject it? 

I,m brining a couple 10lb birds for christmas with Tips poultry brine. I think I will inject the breasts to see if it makes a difference. I have brined and injected but not both at the same time. I like to experiment with new ideas anyway.

Brine bout 12 hours fer a turkey, then a cool rinse an pat dry.  Then ya can inject it if ya like.  I inject turkey's cause there larger pieces a meat then chicken, the injection be made ta go right along with the brine.

An yes ya can brine a "enhanced" bird.  What it be enhanced with is usually just a bland sodium solution, the brine will add some flavour back inta the bird as will the injection.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky