Bresaola

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bresaola is done

Just about 3 1/2 months.

umb.jpg

Taste pretty good.
umb1.jpg

Now vac seal the slices.
umb2.jpg

Looks awesome! Don't know if I missed it but what cut of beef dd you use? Would eye of round work? As soon as my batch of Bosnian sudzuk is done would love to get this going. Thank for your post and the inspiration. With so many great ideas here its hard to keep up.lol.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Yes its eye round.

Trim as much of the silver skin as you can, Inner fat veins you won't be able to do much about. Cure it good for about 2 weeks before you start to dry it. Dont worry if while drying you get some salt crystal build up on the meat.

NOTE: If you get any fuzzy black or red mold on the meat...Toss it.

Yes its eye round.

Trim as much of the silver skin as you can, Inner fat veins you won't be able to do much about. Cure it good for about 2 weeks before you start to dry it. Dont worry if while drying you get some salt crystal build up on the meat.

NOTE: If you get any fuzzy black or red mold on the meat...Toss it.
Thank you. Just ordered some umai bags. Am looking forward to it. Hope to suprise my brother in law who is italian. Darn these thinks take such a long time. Only way to do this is have a continuous production.

That looks killer. I just put my first one in the umai bag two days ago, and am bagging up a lonzino later today.

Looks righteous. As with most dry cured meats I like it sparingly, it goes from 'damn this is good' for about 3-4 bites to 'man, this is not as good as I thought'. I'd love to have 4 slices of that and a few good olives to munch on right now though!

I'm the same with almost all salami/salumi, though there are a few exceptions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky