Brekky Omelete & Sam's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Today's the day Sam's Club let's in the oldies for a couple of hours so they can get a few supplies before the hoarders clear the shelves. It goes from 7 to 9 in the morning so I figure to get there around 6:30 and get in early. I was up at three for a shower and shave, then started in on a Canadian bacon, cheddar, onion omelet. Kind of early in the day to be playing with blades but I got everything chopped up and started throwing stuff into a pan full of hot melted butter, first the onions
DSCN1668.JPG

then the CB
DSCN1669.JPG

Scrambled up three eggs and dumped them in when things looked ready. Managed a over-the-sink flip without incident, put on some cheese
DSCN1670.JPG

Plated up and covered with hot salsa at 4am sharp
DSCN1671.JPG

I've got my shopping list all set to go and have been instructed to load up and stop on the way home to pick up a booze order from Total Wine. Not caring one bit how it looks I'll be donning my hazmat mask and surgical gloves, got a spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol in the truck. When I get back home the plan is to stay there for awhile. If nothing else I'm sure not spending much on diesel fuel for the truck! Stay safe, stay home, wash your hands often. RAY

That’s a good looking breakfast there Ray, looks like some good fuel for your shopping endeavors.

Like! And stay safe out there.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks guys! I'm getting kind of pumped wondering what the crowd is going to be like. When all this first came about folks where lined up with shopping carts for a few hundred yards all the way around the store. I'm figuring that you have to be at least 60 years old to get in will cut things down quite a bit. We could use a bit of tissue and paper towels along with chicken, ribs, porkbutts, shrimp, and maybe some fish, always room for more beer. Tick tock! RAY

Fine looking breakfast Ray! You would think he's bringing us food as we wait for his return lol.

Ryan

Thanks guys, that was quite trip! I got there 45 minutes early and there were a good 60-70 people in front of me already waiting in line with carts, lots of masks and gloves. Folks started going thru the doors at 7 sharp, I made the first wave, tho not by much. Everyone headed right to the tissue and paper towels, two employees were handing one out to each person, 45 rolls of toilet paper, 15 paper towels to a pack. The paper towels were gone by the time I got to where they were, I did manage to score a pack of toilet paper, then the pressure was off. Things were limited to one each so I got a big pack pf chicken thighs, a pack of wings, a 2-pack of whole chickens, a 3-pack of baby back ribs, a 2-pack of spares, a porkbutt, and a 6-pack of cabernet jugs and a case of water. It was quite a haul, the freezer is stuffed. Now it's off to HD for charcoal and then to Total Wine for spirits and beer. RAY

I was going to go ,, but Daughter says make a list , you stay here . Not sure I like that ,,, but anyway .

The store my son works at had the 60 and over for the first hour last Thursday . Opened the doors and 5 punks for the local High school pushed past the rest .
He tried to stop them , but the manager let them in . He was so worked up he left and came home .
Boss called and apologized .
Now they hired security for the doors . What the heck is going on .

Geez Rich, it things like that makes you want to take a baseball bat to the twerps. Of course if the manager refuses service they come back that night and throw a brick thru the plate glass door. Went to HD and picked up 40 pounds of charcoal, then Total Wine for Evan, Glen, beer and wine. We are set and in full lockdown, looking at a future of TV, reading, meat smoking, house tidy, and possibly a little yardwork unless I can find a way to wiggle out of that. Thank you all for the Likes and comments, they are appreciated. I'm kind of pooped, might need a little nap later. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Sounds like quite the haul Ray! Did you check HD for paper towels? Can get those most places around here but finding TP is like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Noticed not any ground beef this past week but chicken is starting to stock back up. Plenty of pork. Anyways enjoy a nap and a nice glass of Evan for your efforts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky