Breaking News, California soon to be baconless

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My guess is that once the prices go through the roof on proteins, and bacon, eggs, chicken, and most beef isn't available, some resume building politician will act to overturn the proposition so they can be the hero. Can they act now? Sure. Will they? Nope.

Man, I hate politics
You and me both. Things are bad enough at the moment without another inflation forcing move like this. I recall shooting this prop down but I was definitely in the minority.

G

My guess is that once the prices go through the roof on proteins, and bacon, eggs, chicken, and most beef isn't available, some resume building politician will act to overturn the proposition so they can be the hero. Can they act now? Sure. Will they? Nope.

Man, I hate politics
I was kinda thinkin along the same lines. This wild idea plus the current inflation and supply chain issues....its just not sustainable. I really like meat, but that doesn't mean cost is not an issue. As of lately I pretty much only buy what's on sale and cook around that. prices haven't settled down at all, they have been on the upward trajectory since the so called meat shortage. I call it so called because I read a few articles that talked about how the meat industry measures a true shortage in the available frozen stockpiles, which didn't really drop and that a fair amount of US meat was sold to foreign countries when the US was claiming shortage. its really hard to know what to believe some days.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky