Breakfast sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I ground up about just over 3 lbs pork butt. I spread out on sheet pan and sprinkled about 2.5 Tbs of A G Leggs and mixed in then left over night. Just did fry test and needed more seasoning. Added about another 1.5 Tbs. Do I need leave over night again before testing?

Reactions: negolien
The flavors would meld together better if you wait overnight but a good mixing and a short wait will give you a good idea

Thanks. I will wait over night. Think this should do it. From now on will just go 1 Tbs per lb to start.

It seems that most of the commercial seasonings need to be adjusted. I have found that with TheSausageMakers seasonings I usually use about 1 1/2 times what they call for.
Al

When adding partial seasoning from a package its best to convert to grams. lets say you have
8 oz. bag seasoning makes 25 lbs.
8 oz. = 226.796g
226.79/25= 9.04g per lb
3 lbs meat x 9.04g = 27.12g of seasoning.
You can convert the meat to grams to get a more accurate mix if your meat is a little over or under. Be sure to write on the package what you used and whats left

Boykjo

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky