breakfast sausage packaging

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
i was just looking online for a way to package breakfast sausage and ran across a site that sells 3 mil plastic tubes if anyone is interested i'll post the link to it
i am thinking why not stuff the tubes ,freeze them an cut what you want from them just like you would the store bought sausage .
i already have 30 lbs that i just did in the freezer , but i am going to try these next time i make a batch

i could be wrong ( i have never used them ) but aren't meat bags flat on one end ?

I weigh out lb of sausage, make a roll wrap in syran wrap with about 2-3in of end over hang on the syran wrap. grab the ends them just roll it across the cutting board to as tight as I want. Makes a nice roll. Let them freeze over night then vac seal. pretty easy and fairly cheap.

i was just looking online for a way to package breakfast sausage and ran across a site that sells 3 mil plastic tubes if anyone is interested i'll post the link to it
i am thinking why not stuff the tubes ,freeze them an cut what you want from them just like you would the store bought sausage .
i already have 30 lbs that i just did in the freezer , but i am going to try these next time i make a batch

Here's how Gary does it:
Gary's Easy Breakfast Sausage

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky