Breakfast Sausage Hash Cheesy Scramble (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Seen several corned beef hash threads recently in light of St. Patty's day and been wanting to make some. Problem is that I've used up all my corned beef...well I have some frozen but was in a hurry to get myself some grub this morning. Decided to make the hash using breakfast sausage instead, then it just kinda expanded from there to a really good breakfast.

Cut up a Russet potato in small pieces so it'll cook quicker
031.jpg

Add some garlic EVOO, garlic powder, a bit of salt, some CBP, and a nice dose of minced onion
032.jpg

Let that cook down a bit and add some red bell pepper
033.jpg

Chop up some homemade breakfast sausage and put that in the pan
034.jpg

Done cooking. Pile it on the plate and scramble up a couple eggs real quick
035.jpg

Pile on the eggs
037.jpg

Add about a half pound of shredded cheddar and we are ready to eat!!
038.jpg

I've always loved corned beef hash and was half way expecting to come away from this disappointed thinking it'd be lacking. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. It came out VERY well. All the great things I love about the hash and a really nice flavor from the sausage. This is gonna be a regular item for me. I just loved this breakfast!! Doesn't look like it but there's a good sized pile of food on that plate. It was plenty filling!! Being that I may be home for a while if the authorities can ever figure out if I'm supposed to be working or not, it's nice to have another one in the breakfast rotation

Thanks y'all,
Robert

Looks great Robert but I thought hash was something you smoked?

Thanks John, and yes, it WAS (read: past tense) something I smoked in a previous life. I still kinda remember those days back in high school. What a fun time that was. Now instead of looking for a hip new joint, I'm getting a new hip joint. Funny how things in life change isn't it?

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
I saw Hendrix at the Fillmore, different kind of smokin' back in those days. That plates looks to be pretty darned yummy lookin' to me, Like! I might have nuked a little spicy salsa to top that plate off with, kind of a breakfast habit of mine. RAY

PS: I had both hips replaced in 2015, piece of cake.

Looks great Robert! That would be a weekend breakfast for us but could sure make a plate of that disappear

Ryan

Thanks John, and yes, it WAS (read: past tense) something I smoked in a previous life. I still kinda remember those days back in high school. What a fun time that was. Now instead of looking for a hip new joint, I'm getting a new hip joint. Funny how things in life change isn't it?

Robert
Looks great!! If you had smoked hash first you’d have to make twice as much to eat lol.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky