" breakfast sandwich " Trying my round bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love a good breakfast sandwich , and that looks great . My son has a sandwich maker that , well a pic is easier
Has 2 chambers . Raw egg goes in the bottom , and pre cooked meat on top . Heats the meat and cooks the egg .
20211005_084146.jpg
When the egg is ready this slides out and the meat drops down .
20211005_084152.jpg
Works pretty good for 1 at a time . I have pre cooked frozen sausage patties in the freezer .

Works pretty good for 1 at a time . I have pre cooked frozen sausage patties in the freezer .

Thanks Chop for the like and the comment

That's a cool machine. But one at a time would only work once in a while here . Mona would be done her first one than take the second one when it comes out. I lose again.

Your patties , and you precook than freeze. That is the right thing to do .

I just made a big batch of egg rolls and froze they in bags of 6 . Should last a couple months

David

Looks great, Roma tomatoes ? hard to find good maters this time of the year.

Looks great, Roma tomatoes ? hard to find good maters this time of the year.

Thanks Mike for the like and the comment

Mike we can get them around here no problem 9 times out of 10 . And in that 9 times 8 times they are hard and firm...tomatoes I say.

and the price is /was normally 1.99 pound , but lately $2.99 a pound or more. Heard yesterday food prices around here next year are going up around 7% or 8% above what they are now. This is going to suck

David

Last edited:
Another idea for those burger buns or hot dog buns is to make tweebok ( I just realized I have no idea of the spelling of something my wife has made for years! :emoji_blush:) basically puts sugar and cinnamon on them and bakes them until somewhat crunchy. Not sure if she uses butter or anything on them first. Would have to double check on that. Or make croutons out of them if they do start getting hard or stale.

Ryan

Ryan did you ever find out just what you meant here with the " Tweebok " and how it is done for sure

Thanks

David

Last edited:
Ryan did you ever find out just what you meant here with the " Tweebok " and how it is done for sure

Thanks

David
Absolutely! She takes older buns (stale) , butters them, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to your liking and bakes in the oven @300 for roughly 8 to 10 minutes...depending on your oven and how crispy you want them.

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Absolutely! She takes older buns (stale) , butters them, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to your liking and bakes in the oven @300 for roughly 8 to 10 minutes...depending on your oven and how crispy you want them.

Ryan

Hmmm, interesting!!
All I ever did with older buns is cover them with Pizza Sauce, Shredded Mozzarella & Pepperoni, and stick them in the Toaster Oven until the edges turn brown. Gotta try that with my Ninja soon. Great Bread Pizza!!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Morning everyone
Sunday morning breakfast sandwich, Had to run out for Some real nice tomatoes for supper. Post later
on way home had a hankering for a breakfast sandwich. Could not find English Muffins. Hate last minute shopping
So my bacon I made back in July is what I wanted so here goes

View attachment 512242 View attachment 512243

Now like I mentioned could not find English Muffins so in a pinch I toasted some hamburger buns
Topped with mayo. Fried 2 eggs. bacon egg, cheddar cheese and tomatoes

View attachment 512244 View attachment 512245

Was not really what I wanted but the taste was there . Bacon was great , not too sweet and salt perfect

BUT the look I got when someone saw the bun.... This is not a Breakfast Sandwich . She smiled said thanks and it tasted good

To day is slicing day, my back bacon and Supper is ready to slice . Coming up later today

Hope everyone is doing well

David
Looking Tasty and yummy

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky