" breakfast sandwich " Trying my round bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Morning everyone
Sunday morning breakfast sandwich, Had to run out for Some real nice tomatoes for supper. Post later
on way home had a hankering for a breakfast sandwich. Could not find English Muffins. Hate last minute shopping
So my bacon I made back in July is what I wanted so here goes

1.JPG
2.JPG

Now like I mentioned could not find English Muffins so in a pinch I toasted some hamburger buns
Topped with mayo. Fried 2 eggs. bacon egg, cheddar cheese and tomatoes

3.JPG
6.JPG

Was not really what I wanted but the taste was there . Bacon was great , not too sweet and salt perfect

BUT the look I got when someone saw the bun.... This is not a Breakfast Sandwich . She smiled said thanks and it tasted good

To day is slicing day, my back bacon and Supper is ready to slice . Coming up later today

Hope everyone is doing well

David

Awesome looking bacon and sandwich David. Pass me the blood pressure meds. Nice work bud!

Thanks Jake for the comment

The bacon was great , but have to be careful with cook because of the sugar. It could burn easy.

Slicing up 4 more loins right now , 1 with Maple extract. Its a test .

David

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sure looks good! Don't ya hate it when ya have your heart set on something but can't find what you're looking for! And an English muffin would've been great!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks outstanding David!! Personally I'd be ll over calling it a breakfast sandwich as well as all over eating it. Excellent job sir and I bet Tracy would go big time for it with the tomatoes.

Robert

Looks fantastic David! Up here, some places use a toasted soft kaiser roll. And they are excellent. So the burger bun isn't far fetched at all. And I'm waiting to hear what a Donair loaf is.

Love a great Breakfast Sandwich. Looks great...JJ

Looks delicious Dave. I too picked up some English muffins today to make breakfast sammies. I’m going with sausage.
Im getting ready to do another round of Starbucks style egg bites for the wife, I’ll post that up in a thread. Sv at 171* in little jam jars.

Sure looks good! Don't ya hate it when ya have your heart set on something but can't find what you're looking for! And an English muffin would've been great!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment,
Yes it was good , but the English muffin is just a nicer holder for the innards. Don't get me wrong we sucked them back pretty quick, lol

David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky