Breakfast Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Now that my BF is back home from working out town, I decided to make him a Breakfast Fattie for sammies before he leaves for work.

1 1/2 lbs Jimmy Dean Natural Sausage, 3 scrambled eggs, sliced grilled potatoes with peppers and onions, shredded smoked Colby cheese and some leftover fried bacon then wrapped with Wright's Thick Steakhouse Flavored Bacon. Smoked in MES40 at 250* for 3.5 hrs with Hickory and Jack Daniel's Oak Barrel Chips.

This morning I warmed the slices on the griddle, added a hard fried egg, another slice of cheese and placed it all on a toasted bagel. He took sandwiches for the other guys he's working with. 

Sorry no pics of the sammies this morning cause it was 4AM and I wasn't in a picture taking mood

Thanks for looking!

Reactions: paul catt
Nice roll on the filling.  It shaped up very well.  Any tips on getting the shape that even?
Thank you! I roll the meat with a rolling pin in a gallon resealable bag. For the filling and I know it's hard to see but I leave the cooked scrambled eggs in one or two large pieces (I've even squared them off to fit the sausage), I keep the filling about 1/2" from the bottom edge and use the plastic wrap to start rolling (pulling it out of the way as I roll). When I'm done rolling it, I wrap the plastic wrap tightly around it and take both ends and "twirl" it to tighten the fattie and seal the ends. Hope this helps. 

I like the egg to meat ratio in the sliced pic 
roflmao.gif

Sounds great though! I've yet to make a fatty. I think breakfast would be my first try.

Last edited:
Thanks...3 eggs seems to work out pretty good. I also add another hard fried egg when I make sammies. These are so simple and can easily be made into breakfast sammies for hunting or riding atvs.
I like the egg to meat ratio in the sliced pic 
roflmao.gif

Sounds great though! I've yet to make a fatty. I think breakfast would be my first try.
Thanks!
Looks great !!
drool.gif

I think I will do the breakfast ones too.  I usually look for something and by the time I find it it is lunch time.  I bet they would be good on an english muffin or beagel.

I think I will do the breakfast ones too.  I usually look for something and by the time I find it it is lunch time.  I bet they would be good on an english muffin or beagel.
Steve, I gotta tell you they are outstanding on a toasted or grilled English Muffin or Bagel. I like to slice it, vac seal and freeze it and it's there when I want or need them for sammies.

Not the Ren Fest at Larksper, this was a smaller more family oriented Festival in Elizabeth CO.  about 20 miles east of Castle Rock.  I take my Grand daughters there, they and I enjoy it a lot.  They have a web site for it,  www.elizabethcelticfestival.com.  Check it out.  I am already thinking of fatty ingredients and have about 30 to make!  I think I am hooked.  Steve

Thanks S2K, I've been there looking and also thinking of what we like and have come up with a lot of ideas.  It looks like I will have to make a couple every other day for a while.  I will enjoy that!!!!!  Steve

No problem Gary and thank you!
Looking great Alesia - sorry I missed this one 
Not the Ren Fest at Larksper, this was a smaller more family oriented Festival in Elizabeth CO.  about 20 miles east of Castle Rock.  I take my Grand daughters there, they and I enjoy it a lot.  They have a web site for it,  www.elizabethcelticfestival.com.  Check it out.  I am already thinking of fatty ingredients and have about 30 to make!  I think I am hooked.  Steve
I'll have to check it out. I've lived in CO a long time and never heard of it. Thanks for the info. I've made a ground beef pizza fattie, bacon cheeseburger, there's lots of ones you can come up with, just depends on what you like. Let us know how they turn out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky