Bratwurst Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ken Smith

Original poster
Sep 2, 2018
I'm wanting to do a bratwurst fatty with mustard and sauerkraut. Was thinking about wrapping with bacon. Has anyone tried this and do you have any tips.

Sounds good to me.
My advice is to quit thinking about it and go for it.

Roll or pat out your ground, slather with mustard
Chop your Brats into sections, add the kraut
Roll it up and seal it
Bacon weave or simply wrap in concentric circles with no overlap
Cook it and enjoy

Last edited:
Sounds good to me.
My advice is to quit thinking about it and go for it.

Roll or pat out your ground, slather with mustard
Chop your Brats into sections, add the kraut
Roll it up and seal it
Bacon weave or simply wrap in concentric circles with no overlap
Cook it and enjoy
Thanks. I'll send some pics when I do it

Reactions: chilerelleno
Sounds good are you making the fatty itself out of bratwurst or just adding it to the filling. Either way I have a three part step-by-step on making fatties. If your interested or have any questions there should be a link to all three in my signature.

Chris

Thanks, making the fatty out of brats with mustard and kraut filling

Only thing I'd suggest is to squeeze the kraut a bit to get rid of some of the moisture, or else you might end up with a wonky fatty. There's plenty of juices in the fattie it'll absorb up on the interior!

I made one of these last year. I opened brats and flattened them like all fattys. I stuffed with mustard, cheddar, and sauteed onions. Sorry no pics but it was a huge hit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky