Brat Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
Howdy,

Looking for some different brat recipes rather than just putting them on a bun and eating them. Ordered a bunch from Wild Fork Foods and would like to do some different things.

So let me clarify...

Your not looking to make your own cased brats? You baught them?

Your looking for ways to cook the brats your baught?

Brother come visit me and let me show you how to stir the pot....

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
So let me clarify...

Your not looking to make your own cased brats? You baught them?

Your looking for ways to cook the brats your baught?

Brother come visit me and let me show you how to stir the pot....

Recipes with cooked brats, yes.

Well, depending on what flavors you ordered kinda makes a difference. Maybe replace them and use them in place of a meatball sub sandwich. Sliced and fried and used in a casserole, or for breakfast in some type of hash, sliced up smaller and added to omelets. Covered in any type of gravy... but that's just me! Added into Mac and cheese, or scalloped potatoes. If Travis, Sowsage Sowsage Had them he could probably make a monster sandwich! Bratwurst pizza with lots of onions! Dang, now I need to get some... I'm hungry again! Lol

Ryan

Wrap in pretzel dough and bake 'em .
20200125_190216.jpg
20190226_123113.jpg

Never use a fork to turn them. Only use your fingers. If you use a fork the Wisconsin State police will find you, somehow, and drag you off to bratwurst jail.

Google “Wisconsin Bratwurst Grilling” and see what you get. Those folks know how to make bratwurst.

Looking for some different brat recipes rather than just putting them on a bun and eating them.
Sometimes, getting sausage out of the casing is a whole different flavor experience. Some formulations I only make in bulk, for others I don't mind cutting the casing.
lKneXls.jpg
2OInpoF.jpg
Bacon wrapped....
6eG98S7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky