Brand of pellets to use in a smoking tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

albino

Original poster
Dec 5, 2014
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand of pellets they use in their smoking tube? I bought a large bag of pellets from a big box store, they put out alot of smoke but leave the window on my masterbuilt smoker black as coal. Makes a real project when trying to clean up the smoker. I thought maybe someone has a brand that does not leave a heavy film on the glass
Thanks guys

A tube smoke generator may be too much for your smoker. Do a search on here for the mailbox mode to help clean up some of the smoke. A pellet maze may be a better choice if your running it inside the smoking unit itself. The type of pellets shouldn't matter as long as they are 100% real hardwood.

Chris

Chris

Reactions: fxsales1959
Look up the smoke tube ubolt mod on this sight. Tilting the tube will give a slower burn and less smoke.
I am using lumberjack pellets in my tubes, seem to work well.

Look up the smoke tube ubolt mod on this sight. Tilting the tube will give a slower burn and less smoke.
I am using lumberjack pellets in my tubes, seem to work well.
I’ll check that out
Thanks

I stick with Lumberjack, Kingsford, or Pit Boss in that order for my pellet grill. I use the same in my tubes, but I turn them into dust for use in the tubes. The dust seems to burn cooler and makes cleaner smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky