Brand newbie in Chicago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Theo-brew-ma

Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Hello all!

New member from Chicago and southern Wisconsin here-- Merry Christmas, all!

I've done some smoking and curing in the past, but came here for your expertise on a project piece–– I recently paid for and picked up two used Cres Cor proofing/heating cabinets for a separate use, only to find that the seller had gutted them of parts and heating elements. So... now was thinking I'd convert them into two smokers (one meat & misc, one fish), or perhaps one smoker and one dry curing cabinet. I'll post more details elsewhere asking for the collective wisdom, but just wanted to introduce myself. Thanks for having me!

Best,
Theo

Greetings Theo and welcome to the SMF Family. There are lots of folks with Build expertise that can help with details. You will also find a great bunch of people willing to help with suggestions and recipes. This is one of the few smoking sites that can guarantee all the smoking and curing recipes have been reviewed for Safety. We have your back. I vote Curing Cabinet unless Smoked Fish makes up 30% or more of your diet. A Salmon Smoke a couple of times a year is not going to taint your meat smoker...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky