Braised Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi for everyone!
My friends recently advised me best meat thermometers. I cooked about the same food. Can you tell me whether it is important to measure the temperature of the meat when roasting? Or I can do without it.

Some guys can do other ways, but I Smoke Nearly Everything to Temperature, except Cheese, Pork Ribs, and Belly Bacon.

Bear

When braising shortribs your trying to do two things.
1. Cook the ribs
2. Tenderize the ribs

I’m not concerned about bringing the ribs up to temp as I am about getting the meat tender. That takes 3 - 3.5 hours at 300 in the oven.

With that being said when I smoke or grill , I always use a thermometer. My rrccomendation is thermapen.

Welcome to the forum

Nicely done!

Don’t feel bad about using commercial Demi, even Gordon Ramsay uses it, so if it’s good enough for him it should be for the whole world LOL

I also usually make my own but i have been lazy lately and been keeping a “stock” in the fridge these days. Try adding a little to seared mushrooms so it glazes them....I do it quite often!

My wife loves the mushroom sauce I make with Demi.

I found a really interesting company that makes Demi and stocks and sells the May farmers markets and to restaurants in the Omaha area. It’s called the Omaha stock market. Next time I’m in town I might pick some up to try. Nothing beats homemade Demi!

Go for it. The wait is so worth it. Oh and the smell in the house is to die for!

I love beef ribs.... but I'm missing the cook.
you cooked them fully in the oven THEN put them in the liquid with the mirepoix?
Then 3-3.5hours in the liquid?

those look amazing!
I am a fan of big chunks of beef in a liquid.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky