Bradley for rack assistance.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prischap

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
I have been smoking meat on a Bradley for rack electric smoker for about a year now and love it, for the most part.  The only drawback with it is that there is no thermostatic control of the temperature setting and I find that I chase the temp a lot.  There are times during the summer when I am almost shut down as we see temperatures of 115+ for a lot of days each summer.  That is one of the real drawbacks of living in the California low desert, south of Palm Springs and spittin' distance from our southern border.

Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced and easy to install thermostat for my smoker?

Years ago I built a PID using directions I found on the now defunct smoking forum Old's Place using the now out of business Radio Shack parts.  I just did a google search and there are a bunch of comercial PIDs out there that cost about as much as it cost me to make mine about six years ago.  With the PID, the bradley stays at temp without fail.  Here is a link to one like I made:  

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_28&products_id=72

AuberIns originally designed a controller for the Bradley smoker to provide tight temperature control. Due to it's inherent accuracy and programmability, Smokin-it now has smokers with an Auber unit integrated into their line of electric smokers. A very good system.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky