Bourbon Maple Brined and Glazed Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 30, 2018
SE Arizona
Set up the spinner and kettle with the SnS for this 6lb brined breast.
Used BGE Savory Pecan for the rub.
Neck and body cavities were stuffed with one quarter each of navel orange and white onion along with sprigs of fresh sage, rosemary, and thyme.
Keeping with the maple theme, I used maple chunks for smoke.
Glaze was bourbon, maple syrup, and OJ reduction.

About an hour in.
20221124_112727.jpg

A pic after applying the first layer of glaze. Getting there.
20221124_141236.jpg

Final glazing and just waiting for 165°.
20221124_141247-1.jpg

Plated with sweet potato, green beans, boxed cornbread stuffing,
and jarred gravy.
20221124_144415.jpg
20221124_144420.jpg

It sure was tasty and the bourbon,maple, OJ glaze really complimented the meat.
The meat had that classic pink smoked tinge.
However, the lighting and camera didn't pick it up very well.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stu

Last edited:
Beautiful looking bird Stu, I'm not a fan of tree pi$$ but I could substitute honey. Bookmarked

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Beautiful looking bird Stu, I'm not a fan of tree pi$$ but I could substitute honey. Bookmarked

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris. I hear you about the tree pi$$. I'm not huge fan either but made the exception and splurged for the 100% pure maple and not the cheap pancake stuff.
Honey will work too.

Stu

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thank you Chris. I hear you about the tree pi$$. I'm not huge fan either but made the exception and splurged for the 100% pure maple and not the cheap pancake stuff.
Honey will work too.

Stu
It flows like water here, but still isn't very cheap. I have four maples in my front yard that my buddies want to tap, Maybe someday I'll let them.

Chris

It flows like water here, but still isn't very cheap. I have four maples in my front yard that my buddies want to tap, Maybe someday I'll let them.

Chris
Will they sell it and split the proceeds with you? Or will it be just for their personal use?

Will they sell it and split the proceeds with you? Or will it be just for their personal use?
Personal use, and they would give me some. You won't get enough from 4 trees to sell. I just don't like seeing the buckets hanging from the trees or the plastic lines.

Chris

Stu , you nailed that bud . Looks fantastic !
Good to see ya BTW .

Thank you Rich.
It's good to be back after resolving the billing dispute with my IPS. It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix their error.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky