Bought the Weber EX6

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Other than that stupid handguard Weber has put in the new SF grills, I don't think much has changed. They MIGHT have new firmware in the controller that should be pushed out to the Smokefires in existence pretty soon.

Reactions: BXMurphy
Other than that stupid handguard Weber has put in the new SF grills, I don't think much has changed. They MIGHT have new firmware in the controller that should be pushed out to the Smokefires in existence pretty soon.
Man, it sure looks like they changed the hopper and where the sensor is located which would be my main complaint on the current version. But maybe not. And from the looks, the cooking chamber looks the same. We’ll see in about a month.

Reactions: BXMurphy
I would use the hell out of yours and if you have any issues, invoke the 100 day money back guarantee and get the newer one. Just keep that in your back pocket. From some research, it doesn't look like Weber gives people too much of a hassle to take it back. Not trying to rain on your parade at all. I guess I wish I would have waited.

Good advice! Thanks!

You know, there's ALWAYS going to be a bigger better thing. It's time to buy when you're ready to buy and I was ready.

I'm a consummate reseacher... I was looking for a toaster once. It had to have long slots for my favorite Scala bread and thick enough for a bagel. Hard to find but I did spy one. And then I read through all the reviews...

One after another... the good, the bad, the ugly. I must have been 50-60 deep and one reviewer wrote, "Dude, it's $35 bucks. Buy it!"

I don't sweat this stuff anymore. Weber's a fine company. Many folks say it does a fine job. I'm good with that. :emoji_sunglasses:

But... if in the first 100 days... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, friend
Murph

I done told ya ya just need to check your wallet at the door when you join. Congrats on the new Weber, now let us help you spend some more on necessary accessories and what not you'll need to go along with it. lol

Dude, please... don't even... I've been looking at the oh-so-necessary vacuum sealer thing.

Does it ever end?

Hey, what's my first move with this b__ch?

Somebody say, "Murph, your first cook MUST be pulled pork. Then you can vac pack it and make sammies on demand!"

Ugh.

If it does, I haven't got there yet.
Me either! And for some reason I seem to think I should have a pellet smoker also! Mainly for the convenience! Just decide which one! Lol

Ryan

Somebody say, "Murph, your first cook MUST be pulled pork. Then you can vac pack it and make sammies on demand!"

Ugh.

Personally, I don't get it with pork butts and pulled pork. I've done my fair share of them for my wife's card playing friends, mainly cause it's cheaper to do. They'll eat just about anything. BUT, I hate every second of pulling that meat, and don't even sample it while doing so.
Do you some ribs, baby backs, spares, St Louis cuts. They're fairly forgiving for new cookers. And use the 3-2-1 method till you get the hang of it.
  1. You smoke the ribs for 3 hours
  2. You essentially steam the ribs for 2 hours in foil or butcher paper
  3. You cook for a further hour uncovered to crisp up the outside and give you a sticky sauce if desired.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky