Bought my MDS-230s about 5 weeks ago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sherrillcuse

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Sherrill NY
This is my 1st smoker. I guess I’ve guess I’ve jumped in with both feet. Here is where I’m at right now. I built a hut to keep it outta the weather. I added felt on the door seals(much less smoke leakage around doors). Won an inkbird instant read thermometer on this great site. Thank you inkbird. I just Added a 10” cast iron pan on chip
Tray. This Reduced flare ups using chips. I now use chunks mostlybut had chips left over. I have a smoke tube for pellets that I have not used yet. I have 20 lbs of pellets also. I have a 1/2” watertight connector to install that will allow me to get the thermometer probes through the side of the smoker not the back vent. I’m probably going to remove the chip tray and build a small grate from rebar for the cast iron pan also.
That’s my 5 weeks of smoking life so far. Oh yeah I’ve also made some good eats as well.

Nice set up you have there! Looks like you have made some pretty good eats so far...keep it up.

Ryan

Reactions: Sherrillcuse
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky