Bought a Sous Vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

def1

Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
49.99 delivered from Amazon. Chefman 1100 watt. Tried some flan and the cooker worked perfectly but recipe was way to sweet. Looking for a top or bottom round to try next.

Amazon prices fluctuate wildly. Looks like the price is 79.99 now. I have a link to the one for 49.99 that still works if anyone wants it. I couldn't pass it up for that price, especially since it's 1100 watts.

49.99 delivered from Amazon. Chefman 1100 watt. Tried some flan and the cooker worked perfectly but recipe was way to sweet. Looking for a top or bottom round to try next.
If you can get a chuck for a good price try that . I used mine all the time .
I even use it to check my therms at " in between " temps .

Out of all of my experiments & Sous Vide Dinners, the best of all was the Fork Tender Beef Eye Round.
It was so good that they seemed to have stopped selling them for a decent price in my area!!!!!!!

Here ya go:
Eye Round in SV Best of All Eye Rounds (11-21-17)

Bear

I'm glad to see that the price is coming down. I built my own because I didn't want to spend such a huge amount of money for something that does nothing more than heat tap water and provides a little agitation. It really should sell for under $20.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky