Boston Clam Chowder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fltsfshr

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Start with 1/2 a large white onion chopped, a half pound of chopped bacon, 4 cans of chopped clams, a bottle of clam juice, a quart of Fairlife milk, a large can of Seawatch new england clam chowder (at GFS) and coarse ground black pepper. Put the bacon into a fry pan on med low, add the onions, stir and wait for the onions to clear and the bacon frenched (lightly cooked). Add the clam juice, the clams let it simmer a little.
Put the Seawatch and the Fairlife milk in a kettle on a low heat. Dump the fry pan into the kettle and stir it in. Stir it often and make sure nothing is sticking on the bottom. As it cooks it will turn from white to tan. When you like the color it's ready. You can double this and make some for tomorrow.
20230115_091236.jpg

20230115_095224.jpg

OMG....I'm loving this. It's a shame Tracy can't do seafood otherwise I'd be all over this one. nothing like a good bowl of clam chowder.

Robert

Oh that' is comfort in bowl.
I was just fondling a package of frozen clams trying to figure out if I start defrosting for the next round of soup.
You lost me on a few ingredients.
Never cooked with or even tried Fairlife milk. What is the advantage?
Seawatch clam chowder? You're starting with a base and building on it?

This sounds amazing! I like how you assume if I double it, there will be some left for the next day..........

It adds a cleaner less sweet taste compared to half & half or heavy cream The reduction in fat & sugars seems to give it a cleaner flavor profile and an improvement in texture. Just my opinion anyway. Try it and see. It also has a much longer shelf life in the fridge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky