Boston Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kajunkue

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
New Orleans, La.
I love smoking Boston Butts.  I have a Green egg and I generally do an overnight cook.  I am wondering does anyone ever stuff the butts with garlic?  I have a great rub that I use but am thinking about stuffing some garlic in it as well.  I need to put on tonight to have it ready for a function on Friday night.  Scary thought is my wife will have to take it off while I'm at work.

I was looking into putting small holes in the butt to just place pieces of garlic in them.  Another question.  I ended up with 2 different size butts, one is 10 lbs and the other is 8 lbs.  Should I worry too much about the smaller one cooking faster than the other?  Are they close enough to where I don't need to worry?  Cooking over night so I don't want to lose sleep over it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky