Boston Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cyclonesmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
Iowa
I have two 9.5lb Boston Butts - they are rubbed and in the fridge as we speak. How long will these take at 225 degrees in a propane smoker? I'm thinking put on tonight at 6pm....and let them go until 1pm or 2pm tomorrow....then wrap in towel and place in cooler for a few hours - thoughts? Do I even need to foil these?

That's probably pretty close. I did two 9# picnics last weekend and the went 22 hours, but they were stubborn, I think because of the bigger bone. Foiling is up to you. It might speed up the cook but it will decrease the bark. I don't foil, I like the heavy bark.

Here's a good read if your looking for very juicy meat with great bark, I followed this with mine in a propane smoker and they were the best I've ever done!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...rimmed-butt-w-wet-to-dry-smoke-chamber-q-view

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky