Boneless Turkey Brest Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

q3131a

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2005
Gulf Coast Florida
Wife bought a bonless turkey breast we are going to slice for sandwich meat. I plan no smoking over hickory at 225 tomorrow. But, I'm not sure how long to cook it for or to what temperature. Any suggestions?

I plan on brining it overnight and starting the smoking in the morning.

I've never smoked one of these formed meats, other than bolgna chubs.

In essence, this is already cooked deli meat, correct?

If so, they won't really absorb any smoke ring, but will have surface smoke only.

Let us know how this turns out.

The breast is raw. It is a standard butterball boneless, skinless breast. I'll be slow cooking it and then using a slicer to cut into sandwich meat.

q31-
Bone-in cook to an internal of 175-180 degrees. Boneless cook it to an internal temp of of 165-170 deg.

Sounds good. I never have seen these, but the OL does most of the shopping.

Follow Earls lead and please, post your results

I've only smoked the full bone-in variety thus far, but this tecnique has worked well for me.

As I'm sure you know, Turkey breast is a very lean meat, especially when skinless. Therefore, it tends to dry out when subjected to prolonged smoking sessions. I recommend maintaining a smoker temp of at least 275* or up to 300* if you can. Make sure you monitor your temps very closely with a good meat thermo and pull it out as soon as it reaches an internal temp of 160*-170* as EarlD suggests. It also might be wise to keep your favorite wet marinade close at hand to spray or baste occasionally.

Cheers,
Brian

I smoke these a lot, and everyone has told you right.

I use rub, leave it overnight in the fridge, and dust it with rub before I put it on.

I smoke it at about 225, to an internal temp of 185 - 190. I baste (ok, spray) with apple or pineapple juice mixed with water. They come off moist and tender, with a nice bark.

Sliced, pulled or chopped up for smoked turkey salad, my family loves it

(Earl D-, I'm taking aim for OTBS next summer. I love this forum, it is the first one I check every day! By the way, after feeding my son and d-i-l the other week, he bragged about me on his blog. I'm so proud!)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky