Boneless turkey breast rub recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I picked this up on the interweb and tweaked it to my liking...

Savory Turkey Rub
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp 16 Mesh Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
2 Tsp Garlic Powder (not salt)
2 Tsp Ground Mustard
2 Tsp Onion Powder

Mix in bowl with fork to break up the ground mustard and pour into your favorite shaker. Keeps a few months.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
I’d definitely try MadMax rub, but I’d also say simple salt and pepper with a sprig of Rosemary has been my go to with white meat.

I use this on Poultry... JJ

Mild but WildTurkey Rub

1/4C Raw Sugar NOTE: Omit if smoking above 300°F! May burn.
2T Paprika (I use Smoked if I'm just Grilling)
1T Gran. Garlic
1T Gran. Onion
2tsp Bell's Poultry Seasoning or other
1tsp Ground Coriander Seed (2-3tsp Whole seed, fresh ground)
1tsp Black Pepper
1tsp Mustard Powder
1tsp Allspice
1/2tsp Cumin
Optional: 1T Kosher Salt * Leave out if you Brined the Bird!

Mix well. You can put directly on the skin or mix with Butter, Oil or Bacon Grease and rub on and under the Skin.

Here is a cook I did with a spice recipe to boot.

And here is another one with a pair of roasts, one has Jeff's rub and wrapped in bacon and the other has a new rub recipe that we are still using today,,,,it's that good

Looking forward to seeing the end result!

P.S. - Funny thing is there is one defrosting in the fridge right now that is going to get done today with the smoked poultry rub and fresh bacon on it.
We only buy the white breast model without the sage seasoning (you have to look closely at the outside of the packaging for green banner that states it has sage seasoning) as it is very salty because of the brine.

John

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky