Boneless Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Terrace BC Canada
Hi everyone

i have done quite a few pork butts, shoulders etc BUT Walmart has some boneless pork butt in the mesh, keeping it nice and uniform. Can i smoke in that mesh at 225 or will it burn up, poison me ... etc...  LOL
the price is right so i would like to give it a go !!!

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE

Goliath

Mesh? Do you mean plastic mesh or is it tied up with butcher's twine? If it's twine you can smoke with it on there. If it is plastic just cut it off and smoke away.

I always remove it. If you leave it on you loose some of the rub and bark when it's removed after the cook. If the butts too uneven after you remove the netting you can get it to a reasonable shape with 1 or 2 pieces of butcher string

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky