Boneless BEEF short ribs. 1st try.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
So I saw another member on here who had done some boneless short ribs. They looked great. I have been searching for these for awhile now here in OKC. Well ladies and gents....I found em! And I had to make them mine! Lol. I did these of course as I do any other beef rib, just a little TEXAS style rub. Heavy pepper, some salt and of course garlic and onion. What more do you need on BEEF!?..? Not much else. Maybe a lil paprika. But other than that always pretty basic. I used my trusty ol smoke tube and pecan pellets. Ran them at 260* for just under 5hrs.(pregnant wife getting too hungry) lol. Gotta please the boss. So I pulled them off. Anyways let me say this...I will definitely be doing these again...an again....and again. I'm so glad I found them finally. Anyways on to the pics. Sure y'all r tired of my blabbering on. Lol.
Ready to eat...who's hungry.

Thanks for lookin y'all. Hope y'all had a fun time. Sorry I couldn't share more than q-view with y'all. Lol. Til next time.

Man that looks great, very nice smoke ring.

Happy T day

Thanks. I like the ring too. Haha.

Oh Yeah!!!

Those last pics are things of Beauty!!!

Bear

Thanks bear. They tasted even better. My wife isn't much of a beef fan unless it's a steak. And this according to her is her new steak. Being that it's less expensive. Lol.

Another on the to do list. I thank you, my missus hates you.

Disco

Lol. Thanks disco. I'm sure with some convincing the missus will get on board. :)

Looking great!  Next time see if you can get them in a chunk instead of sliced and cook 'em kind of like Brisket to an IT of about 200-205° or until they pass the toothpick or probe into Butter test

Looking great!  Next time see if you can get them in a chunk instead of sliced and cook 'em kind of like Brisket to an IT of about 200-205° or until they pass the toothpick or probe into Butter test

Wasn't too worried about temp. I'm sure I was there tho. Pieces like this or pork csr's I don't worry about temp. I can turn em into butter any day of the week. These were just barely able to slice. I reheated today at work and pushed a plastic knife thru them with no problem. As far as the chunk, I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it was luck I found them when I did.

They look great. Saw some locally the other day so I know I can get em. My wife only likes beef that is tender and juicy and thought they might not be. Do these meet that criteria?

Chuckles they were ultra tender. And definitely juicy. No foil for me. I hate steamed beef. I want smoke and plenty of it. These are definitely a contender from here on out. If I can find these regularly, they will be my go to for beef ribs.

Short ribs have definitely spoiled me!  Talk to the butcher where you got those and ask if they can get you chunk of them not cut into strips already.  I've fixed them both ways, and while the sliced ones are great, I still prefer one big boneless chunk of 4 to 6 pounds.

Wishing I was smoking some today instead of having the MIL's attempt at Turkey and dressing

Happy Thanksgiving

Short ribs have definitely spoiled me!  Talk to the butcher where you got those and ask if they can get you chunk of them not cut into strips already.  I've fixed them both ways, and while the sliced ones are great, I still prefer one big boneless chunk of 4 to 6 pounds.

Wishing I was smoking some today instead of having the MIL's attempt at Turkey and dressing

Happy Thanksgiving

Will definitely have to do that. I'm smoking a turkey as we speak. Just gotta figure when I wanna pull it off already.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky