Boneless beef rib roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nicracing

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Hi new to the site. Am a member of the newsletter, new to forum. I have a 5lb boneless rib roast, i am going to be smoking this for dinner at 5pm. i figure about 3 to 4 hours with a 15 to 20 minute sit time before we dig in. I was wondering if i should rub this or just slow roast it natural? I do rub down my ribs and pork butts but am not sure on this rib roast.

Rob Nichter

Hi Rob First
e983fb4f_anigif.gif

Now give us more details were do you live(is it hot or cold in your parts of the woods),with what do you smoke(electric,gas or wood),and to rub or not to rub it is depends on your flavor.i will give my self more time .

Well lets see, i live in buffalo ny temp today about 35. I am using my propane smoker today with misqite wood chips. I am trying to keep it a natural juice roast. You say more time than 3 to 4. ok i will start there.

If you smoker is running at 225 the roast will take around 3 hours if you take it to 135, med/rare.

For seasoning we like to coat with Worcestershire sauce then dust with Montreal steak seasoning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky