Bologna time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Up at 4 to start bologna to find out my Maverick XR receiver crapped out on me. Only been using it for a little over a year. Out of warranty by a month. Emailed CS to see what they say about it. Broke out a old one to monitor smoker temp.
4826699E-504A-435E-BF78-347FF447DD12.jpeg

Like the Muslin bags!
Hope your smoke goes well for you.
Thanks peachey,
Love the inside of your smoker, it's got some character! RAY
That & some creosote. It's do for yearly cleaning when weather warms up. It's a Smoke Hollow I've had since 07.
Never thought to use bags for bologna. I use those big red non-edible casings.
Al
Muslin bags are the norm around here. Get them at a good price from Butcher Supply Co.

Is it something you would share ?
Sure! As you can see the recipe is over 9 years old so a few minor changes. I mix everything into the meat and grind twice. Grind second time back into tote you use to mix first time. There will be liquids you need to soak up. Add cheese (if used) after all grinding. I prefer the mace but $. Then refrigerator over night. Next day add some water and mix again so easier & better stuffing. It sets up like a blob of rubber. If you make this let me know what you think. Happy Smokin!
F092FE02-6F19-4A7D-B5F3-4FC0E273A5B7.jpeg

I too like the bags. I just pulled mine out of the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky