Boiled Peanuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’m pretty sure the ones I got were the roasted and salted ones in the shell you get in the store they just threw into hot wet water. Next time I’m in the South I’ll find some real ones.
I lived in N Carolina for a bit and tried my best, but always found them disgusting! Soggy peanuts, no idea why they are so loved!

I love the spicy.
Boiled peanuts used to be "when I was south delicacy". Canned peanuts is what you get in the southern Convenience stores. I watched a few clerks refill the pot.
Recently, the local wally world carries canned boiled peanuts. I get them a few times a year to satisfy my craving.
I'm trying to figure out if the canned peanuts can be smoke flavored.

I don't think there is any way to improve the taste and more importantly the texture of lutefisk

Wife has the genetic "soap taste" thing with Cilantro.

I love the spicy.
Boiled peanuts used to be "when I was south delicacy". Canned peanuts is what you get in the southern Convenience stores. I watched a few clerks refill the pot.
Recently, the local wally world carries canned boiled peanuts. I get them a few times a year to satisfy my craving.
I'm trying to figure out if the canned peanuts can be smoke flavored.

I don't think there is any way to improve the taste and more importantly the texture of lutefisk

Wife has the genetic "soap taste" thing with Cilantro.
Yep a lot of the convenience stores down here use canned boiled peanuts but when in season pretty much every city has at least one or two roadside stands set up on the main roads with fresh. A great many of those stands will be cooking them right there and selling them while they are still hot or warm. I love peanuts but never acquired the taste for them boiled.

If your in Georgia during certain times of the year. I think everyone and their brother are out selling them on every street. That and peaches.

Chris
That's where I first ran into them... I freaking LOVE them.
I think I'd drive back down south just to stop at another roadside produce stand and buy 4 bags for supper.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky