Bodacious Bones Throw-down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The first of the two holidays this TD covers has come and gone....unfortunately. We are anticipating seeing some entries come rolling in pretty soon. This one still has the makings of being a tremendous event but it can't happen without your participation. Cannot wait to see what folks have done to elevate their rib cooks for this one.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial day festivities. I had to work over the weekend so no joy in whoville for me. As Robert mentioned one holiday down one to go. I'm looking forward to seeing all the entries. Remember if you have any questions just reach out.

Good Luck
Chris

Kind of bummed out. I'm seeing some amazing rib cooks posted lately that aren't going to be eligible for the TD. I know it's hard to delay a post of a cook you're proud of, but think of the fabulous prizes you could win. It's only a few weeks away, and time does fly.

Chris

Bump da bump da bump

Lets get our ribs cooking and don't for get the code word

.......................................................... Ribs. ( and post/send it in the right place, read the rules, )

1685876028809.png

David

There seems to be a bunch of folks lagging behind here. Got a few nice entries for the Throwdown thus far but not nearly as many as we'd anticipated. Let's get those rib pics sent in folks. I know there must have been at least a thousand racks of ribs cooked over Memorial Day by you folks :emoji_wink:

Robert

Kind of bummed out. I'm seeing some amazing rib cooks posted lately that aren't going to be eligible for the TD. I know it's hard to delay a post of a cook you're proud of, but think of the fabulous prizes you could win. It's only a few weeks away, and time does fly.

Chris
Them was the practice rounds. I got a feeling they are gonna bust a move and get after it like M C Hammer, when it’s close to the 4th it’s Hammer Time! It will be on like a pot of neck bones!!! Rubs are being tweaked, marinade adjusted, bbq sauce perfected and the appropriate size granule of pepper measured and harvested. Heck I hear tell someone may have even went to the Himalayan mountains to personally harvest the salt. Come to think of it now I know why smokin peachey smokin peachey asked for the Rosetta Stone Punjabi disk

With another weekend fast approaching don't forget we have a throw-down going on. It's a prefect opportunity to showoff your skills.

Chirs

Reactions: flatbroke
Sunday ! Sunday ! Sunday !

( Bump Bump Bump )

Just thought I would bump this up as the throwdown is still going on.
If your cooking them up today , send them in , don't forget the code word.

Have a RIB tickling day

David

I got something cooking in my head. Y'all better get that participation trophy shined up and packed to send to my house!!
The participation trophy will be the scrumptious ribs you get to eat. What more could you want?

I'm hoping to find time to cook an entry, though I haven't yet come up with an idea that won't look too bad in the company of the amazing submissions that will be coming in.

Motivation idea for a quick cook entry……
41B088CA-87E4-404A-AAFB-F1DAB0B726EC.jpeg

Korean short ribs and pasta corn salad……fyi learn from me and be sure to add the TD code…..or you will get to just post your entry like the above vs a voting entry……….

Dang it was gooooood though!

It's a shame you missed the code word. That is one impressive plate of ribs!! Absolutely beautiful.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I was getting all ready to send you the PM and went ohhhhh snappppy!!!!! Was just too focused on wanting to eat them while they were hot………. Looking forward to seeing the entries!

Reactions: Buckeyedude
That's right folks. Still almost a month left to get those entries submitted to me. We've gotten several but nowhere near what we were expecting....yet :emoji_wink: This one still has the opportunity to beat any TD we've done previously. Be great to see a new record.

Robert

Thanks Robert, I was getting all ready to send you the PM and went ohhhhh snappppy!!!!!
Another weekend is upon us. Let's get those ribs going and the pics sent in. You have plenty of time to do another round of something interesting before the deadline. Those look fantastic and would make for an incredible entry. I'll be cooking my rib entry tomorrow and will post it here before the voting begins :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Motivation idea for a quick cook entry……
View attachment 667609
Korean short ribs and pasta corn salad……fyi learn from me and be sure to add the TD code…..or you will get to just post your entry like the above vs a voting entry……….

Dang it was gooooood though!
I already used up my vote on this plate!!! Looks mighty tasty!

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky