bluetooth thermometers using smart phone for info display VS. separate dedicated wireless display unit ???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JeffB1961

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
which is better ?
is either more durable ?
i'm looking at inkbird units but interested in replies/experiences with other brands/units .
i'm thinking i want the 6 probe unit but their 4 probe units offer much farther range and more importantly water resistance .
decisions decisions .........
thanks , jeff

I use an inkbird. You download the app and it shows you the temp. That is the only thing I don’t like about it. I hate having to open the app to see the temp.

Reactions: JeffB1961
thanks for the replies folks . i'm deciding between 3 units now ....
ThermoPro TP27 $56
Inkbird IRF-4S $45
Inkbird IBT-6XS $42

" I hate having to open the app to see the temp "

not something i had considered smoking . but it's also two separate pieces that can fail .

ok folks , just ordered the IBT-6XS and the cover for my oklahoma joes bronco (the bronco arrived this afternoon , 2 days early) . both were $73 shipped from amazon . i almost went with the thermpro for the 3 year warranty if i register it . but not having to buy batteries and only having one unit to POTIENTIALY fail was mostly enough but i really didn't want another thing to keep track of and carry around ...... and i do like having 6 probes .
thanks for the replies and take care , jeff

When I open a Therm BT app it stays open and running when the screen shuts off and alarm settings are ready to alert you. If you go into other apps on your phone while monitoring food temps, then after entering and leaving apps severaL times a message when leaving the BT therm app says Solis Thermo or whatever app has stopped running, do you want to open this app again?, meaning the graphing starts over but all settings are saved when restarting. BT therm app graphs always restart randomly without the app stopping. If you just use your ph for communicating via ph or texting then the BT app never stops running and use another device to search etc. If you're monitoring temps and you set the phone down and the message didn't say your app has stopped working, then it is running. Talk and text on your phone when your BT app is up and running but stay off the computer side of the phone and use a different device.

Reactions: JeffB1961
dang , that ain't cool .
hopefully the inkbird doesn't have that issue .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky