Blueberry what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow....eating that that many BB would be like going to the wonka chocolate factory and eating some gum one shouldn’t have!

That many BB here would have the bears doing the U-pick for sure!

Our most recent pick off our measly three bushes.
Today we baked Blueberry muffins... Yum!
20220611_130300.jpg

Right now I'm not liking blueberries very much still picking lots and lots of berries. It's hot and there ain't no shade where they are

Made this this morning, pretty good.

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

4c Blueberries, fresh or frozen
2c rolled oats, not instant
1c chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts
1-1/2c brown sugar
1-1/2T cinnamon
1/2t nutmeg
2t baking powder
1t salt
2t vanilla
4 eggs, whisked
3c milk
6T melted butter

Preheat oven to 350°, butter a 9x13 baking dish.
Whisk wet ingredients together, mix dry ingredients together, combine both and stir well.
Fold blueberries into mix, pour in buttered baking dish.
Bake 45 minutes to one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 15 minutes, serve with either vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt.

Last edited:
It has been a good year for growing blueberries we've harvested a lot I did not track exactly how much but it was the most we've ever harvested. There are still some ripening but not a whole lot left and I'm not real sad about that it's been a lot of picking

Reactions: TH-n-PA and DanMcG
OMG---That's freaking Awesome, Jerry!!
Thanks for showing that !!
Like.

Bear

John it was pretty easy to post those but sad to say I haven't taken any pics of some other things around the area like acres and acres of tomatoes, acres and acres of peanuts, and corn, I travel around a 100 mile radius of our farm for parts, supplies, and pleasure and it amazes me to see how much is grown in the area and if it doesn't have crops it usually has a pine tree farm. Sadly the newest thing popping up around here is solar farms land is fairly cheap and is being purchased up to build those farms. Within about a mile of me somebody bought a couple thousand acres and are clearing it for solar panels and that is just one and it is all joined as one parcel there are other parcels that close have sold that I haven't heard about I'm sure it's kind of crazy how many acres are being bought up

John it was pretty easy to post those but sad to say I haven't taken any pics of some other things around the area like acres and acres of tomatoes, acres and acres of peanuts, and corn, I travel around a 100 mile radius of our farm for parts, supplies, and pleasure and it amazes me to see how much is grown in the area and if it doesn't have crops it usually has a pine tree farm. Sadly the newest thing popping up around here is solar farms land is fairly cheap and is being purchased up to build those farms. Within about a mile of me somebody bought a couple thousand acres and are clearing it for solar panels and that is just one and it is all joined as one parcel there are other parcels that close have sold that I haven't heard about I'm sure it's kind of crazy how many acres are being bought up
My favorite threads, like this one had your Hydroponics & Green house pictures in them---About 10 years ago. After that, I try to never miss any of your planting Posts.
Outstanding!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky