Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal

5c Blueberries, fresh or frozen (frozen will add significant cooking time)
2.5c rolled oats (Do Not Use Instant or Quick Oats)
1c chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts (optional)
1-3/4c brown sugar, packed
1-1/2T ground cinnamon
1/2t ground nutmeg
2t baking powder
1t salt
2t vanilla extract
4 eggs, whisked
2.5c milk
6T melted butter

Crumble Topping (optional)
1/2c flour
1/2c brown sugar
1/2t cinnamon
3T butter, room temp
Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter

Preheat oven to 350°
Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
Whisk wet ingredients together
Mix dry ingredients together
Combine both and stir well.
Fold 3c of blueberries into mix, pour in buttered baking dish, top with other 2c of berries.
Bake approx one hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Frozen berries will significantly extend cooking time.)
Let cool for 15 minutes
Serve with either ice cream or Greek yogurt.
You can cut this in half for an 8x8 baking dish.

Our bushes just keep'em coming :emoji_blush:
This dessert is even better served cold a day or two later after the sugar and spices have time to meld nicely.

20220626_171125.jpg
20220626_171202.jpg
20220626_171304.jpg

Last edited:
That looks great Chile! That’s something I need to try with the oatmeal.

With the crumb topping, I bet it would be just like a blueberry buckle, so it will be delicious!

I’ve been asking the wife to make some buckle, I’ll have to get her to make this version instead.

Reactions: chilerelleno
I'm not huge on sweets - but blueberry whatever doesn't go to waste around me. That looks almighty damn good and I will be picking up a couple of containers of blueberries at Sam's this next weekend.

I had a neighbor that grew them at my old house. I felt kinda guilty after she found out that I was a blueberry nut because she brought over what must have been 2 gallons in a 2 week period. I told her that I didn't want to take all of her berries - she just laughed and told me she was out of room in her freezer and that mine would also be full soon because her plants churned them out like mad.

Something that isn't nearly as 'healthy' but is delicious is to take about 4 cups of blueberries and put them into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle a box of cake mix over the top of them then take 2 sticks of melted butter and drizzle it over that. Bake about 30-40 minutes at 350. It's so dam rich you can't eat much but cutting it with unsweetened freshly whipped cream is money.

One question - is it 4 or 5 cups berries total? Not that I don't often add extra blueberries - because, well....blueberries lol.

"Fold 3c of blueberries into mix, pour in buttered baking dish, top with other 2c of berries."

• Wow
Reactions: chilerelleno
I'm not huge on sweets - but blueberry whatever doesn't go to waste around me. That looks almighty damn good and I will be picking up a couple of containers of blueberries at Sam's this next weekend.

I had a neighbor that grew them at my old house. I felt kinda guilty after she found out that I was a blueberry nut because she brought over what must have been 2 gallons in a 2 week period. I told her that I didn't want to take all of her berries - she just laughed and told me she was out of room in her freezer and that mine would also be full soon because her plants churned them out like mad.

Something that isn't nearly as 'healthy' but is delicious is to take about 4 cups of blueberries and put them into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle a box of cake mix over the top of them then take 2 sticks of melted butter and drizzle it over that. Bake about 30-40 minutes at 350. It's so dam rich you can't eat much but cutting it with unsweetened freshly whipped cream is money.

One question - is it 4 or 5 cups berries total? Not that I don't often add extra blueberries - because, well....blueberries lol.
Oops! Yes, that is supposed to be 5 cups total.

Looks great, I aint a baker but have read to flour your berrys so they will float and not sink to the bottom as bad. Haven’t tried that but sounds feasible lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky