Blue Ribbon Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Mixing up 2.5lbs of PS blue ribbon SS.

85/15
IMG_9768.JPG

PS Blue ribbon SS mix
IMG_4154.JPG

Mix in layers. I only added 2 T cold water to this
IMG_4600.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

Fridge for a day, no longer than 3 days. Mix by hand one a day until stuffing time.
IMG_5042.JPG

I'll be looking forward to what ya think of it, I just ordered some myself.

Can't wait for the end result. I just purchased several of PS mixes to try out myself .You are doing what I need to start doing . Just do small portions at first to see if it needs anything else to improve the flavor etc. It takes a lot of meat to keep making 25 pound batches and then you need space and time to eat it. I am doing 12.5 pounds of their Red Barn Bologna soon!
Joe

A great looking start here Rick.
Can I get on your Christmas list. Or I could be your go between for Pa delivery :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:
Delivery may be guaranteed.

Warren

A great looking start here Rick.
Can I get on your Christmas list. Or I could be your go between for Pa delivery :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:
Delivery may be guaranteed.

Warren
Hmmmm

PA goodies
Gibbles chips
Middlesworth chips
red velvet and choc whoopie pies.

We may be able to work out a deal.....lol

One cloth bag for this, no stuffer.

I only have 2 bags left, gotta get to making. Have 20 yards of unbleached muslin.

IMG_2131 2.JPG

IMG_5265.JPG

Cloth bags are old world style. Better smoke penetration for those who like smokier. But remember the meat will only take so much smoke, if you want smoke thru the entire meat you will need to use liquid smoker or smoke powder.

Reactions: stayhot
And i gots plenty of smoked cheese.
Better bring your hoodie cause its kinda chilly down here :emoji_laughing:

Im in the wrong buisiness. RV guy here to take the error out of my electric jacks. 30 mins $160

Reactions: olaf
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky