Bloody Mary Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My other drink of choice is Bloody Mary.

Going with Owens mix for 2.5 lb, might make stick straws out them.

20221211_103003.jpg

Since my wife is not home I had to go with electric mixing.

Cure 1 and mix.
bmm.jpg

2 lb 88/12 ground beef and .5 lb fresh ground butcher sourced pork that we ground up.
If using a mixer keep your meat very cold, if you smear the fat you will not like the texture of the finished stick.
bmm1.jpg

Here we are all mixed up.
bmm2.jpg

You can fridge rest the mix for 2 days.
bmm3.jpg

I have tried many times to search out the mixes from Owens and not had much luck.
Either post a link or send me a PM with the link to the Bloody Mary Mix, please.

I've used the KA a few times for mixing. I put the bowl in the cold fridge for a couple hours too.

I have tried many times to search out the mixes from Owens and not had much luck.
Either post a link or send me a PM with the link to the Bloody Mary Mix, please.

I've used the KA a few times for mixing. I put the bowl in the cold fridge for a couple hours too.

Since my wife is not home I had to go with electric mixing.

Cure 1 and mix.
View attachment 650951

2 lb 88/12 ground beef and .5 lb fresh ground butcher sourced pork that we ground up.
If using a mixer keep your meat very cold, if you smear the fat you will not like the texture of the finished stick.
View attachment 650952

Here we are all mixed up.
View attachment 650953

You can fridge rest the mix for 2 days.
View attachment 650954
you use the paddle mixer for the ground meat? I would have thought the dough hook? What do you use and what plate for the grinding?

you use the paddle mixer for the ground meat? I would have thought the dough hook? What do you use and what plate for the grinding?
I have used the hook but am finding the paddle gives better mixing.
Medium plate. Dont use the fine plate much, makes the stick mix too squishy tasting for me.

Reactions: clifish
Adding these to my next order! I am out of jerky mix... Fueling Around Fueling Around Cannot attest to the sticks yet but the Owen's jerky mix are KILLER and like 4-5 levels above the DIY soy/WS stuff so I bet the sticks are equally good.

• Love
Reactions: mossymo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky