Blazin Grill Gridiron

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mdmorris

Original poster
Jun 12, 2019
I have a blazn Grill gridiron with the roller grates I’m looking to get rid of. It has a new pro temp controller and a thermometer. It needs a new igniter.

I’m in the Birmingham Alabama area for those interested.

Oh, it’s free, unless you feel like you want to give me some beer money. Hmm, that sounds sounds good. A bottle of makers mark and a 24 pack of Bud light?

I’ll throw in a 40 lbs bag of pellets.

Last edited:
Someone asked me why I’d be getting rid of it any my experience with it. I tried to message back my response, but it was too long for the system. So, see below.

I’ve this grill around 5 years. I’d have to check the tag on the inside of the lid to be sure, but it could be 4 years. I bought it when I was living in northern Illinois. In the first two years, I had the igniter go out once and the pro controller once. Customer service quickly sent me replacements. I think over the years, they’ve replaced the pro controller twice, the igniter three times, and the temp sensor once. My only irritation with customer service is I always have to call and talk to Tim. I’ll email him, but he always want to talk. He’s nice and all, but my hearing is going, I can’t afford hearing aids, and he always just wants to talk on the phone. It’s more of a me issue as I’m sure more people would love the personal attention, but I miss a lot of conversations. (Damn that loud metal music in my youth.)

I’m getting rid of it because I bought a big green egg and I thought I’d run two grills, but it turns out, with the egg, I hardly use the pellet grill. It ended in just sitting covered up. Talking to my wife, I felt we just didn’t have the room I thought we did for two, especially since the second is not being used, so I decided to get rid of the pellet grill. Fired it up for the first time in a year, and noticed it needed a new igniter. I was having a hard time selling it, so I decided I’d try to just give it way. I don’t want to see it in a landfill.

Hindsight 20/20, I would have gotten another traeger, if I went the pellet route. That was my first pellet grill. I upgraded to the blazin because I thought it would work better and last longer. We’ll, it costs more, works about the same, and is slightly more durable. After having both, I’m not seeing how these more durable expensive ones are worth the extra cost.

For me, after owning charcoal, pellet, and an egg, I’d recommend an egg (or equivalent). It’s not as convenient as a pellet, but when you want to use it, it always works. There’s nothing computer or electronic to break.

-A quick addition on my thoughts of I should have just got another traeger. After thinking, 3 years with my traeger, it was in such bad shape, the scrap metal guys took it. After 4 or 5 years with my blazin, it is still in good shape and the paint still looks good.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky