Blasphemy Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
Based on a post by K Killa J , I’m going to try Blasphemy ribs tomorrow. I made an Apple Jalapeño BBQ sauce to go with them. I have the ribs dusted overnight. I’m only making one rack for a test. I’m going to smoke these with apple. They look like a good option when you don’t have all day to smoke. If it works, the next time we have family over, they should get a treat.

1E18D9E8-FE4C-439C-AC8F-834299A2C0B7.jpeg

This is the first time I have tried this sauce, and it is really good. I found the recipe on Hey BBQ Hey. It seems to be a pretty common recipe on the internet. I’m thinking about adding a dash of dark rum. Rum and bourbon seems to make everything better.

446A6A14-B39F-4761-A009-0E7FB5DD64CF.jpeg

I’ll let you know how it comes out!

Watching also! And you need to do quality control checks on rum and bourbon before hand correct?

Ryan

I found that I had to cook longer than the 2.5 hours he says in the recipe. My total time ended up being 3:15. I did 2 hours, then sauce for 30 minutes. A few of the thicker ones were around 150F internal, so I went longer until they probed more tender. My temp might be off on my pellet grill, haven’t calibrated it any time recently because I don’t use it often.

I found that I had to cook longer than the 2.5 hours he says in the recipe. My total time ended up being 3:15. I did 2 hours, then sauce for 30 minutes. A few of the thicker ones were around 150F internal, so I went longer until they probed more tender. My temp might be off on my pellet grill, haven’t calibrated it any time recently because I don’t use it often.

Thanks for the heads up!

They came out pretty good. They took a lot longer to cook than advertised which was two and a half hours. I setup the smoker at 225 and ran them for three hours. They were nowhere near being ready. My temp is accurate on the smoker. So I wrapped them and put them in the oven at 250 for another ninety minutes. I could have gone a bit longer. I don’t think it cut much time off a full uncut rack.

The star of this effort was the sauce. Really tasty.

So unless somebody has an idea what may have caused it to take so long, I think I’ll stick to full racks. I really want this to work!

33530CAA-76A0-4A74-BE5C-A1F1423209B3.jpeg

The two times I’ve tried it, they didn’t come out as tender as full racks cooked for longer. But something about already being cut up kept them from being tough even without being super tender. I think they only got up to around 170F, which is a lot lower than I usually take ribs.

The guy who “created” the method originally posted it on the Amazing Ribs forum. I didn’t renew my membership there, so I can’t post to ask any questions.

Wrapping them in foil kept them moist, and they tasted good. They do pick up more smoke. If they took less time than a full rack, I’d be smoking these a lot as snacks and finger food.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky