Blamestorming: John Made Me Cook Souvlakia (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice presentation my friend. I hope we can share more of our cooks in the future.

Thank you once again for such a great contribution. Mine looked edible but that's about it. Yours looked stellar!! I can only think that there will be other ideas passed back and forth, and I look forward to them :emoji_wink:

Dayum! That entire plate looks excellent my friend. I could put down a few no problem.

Thanks so much john. They were amazing and easy to do. you might consider a family meal wit these.

For some reason I cannot make the tzatziki sauce turn out anywhere as near as good as the local Greek place

Very sorry to hear that. I had issues the first couple times I made it. Tweaked a few things and finally nailed the flavor I wanted. Combining my recipe and John's though took it up a couple more notches.

Robert

Robert, John, you guys are killing it! I have got to try this.

Thanks Colin, and yes, you need to make it, especially if either thread caught your eye. The flavors are amazing.

WOW Robert, that is fantastic!
One more for the ToDo list!

Thank you Al. If your list is anything like mine, it's pretty lengthy :emoji_laughing:

There is not much of a better flavor than the pork done just right in the right marinade.

Gotta agree David. The marinade was exceptional and the key is to not over cook the pork. I ran it high on the grill and slow to ensure it was not torched.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I have the original bookmarked and was going to wait till friends come over but now I don't think I can wait

Thank you Cliff. I am actually doing a full Greek feast for a friend's birthday dinner in a couple weeks. This was a trial run to make sure I didn't embarrass myself :emoji_laughing: Go for it!! You won't be disappointed.

Looks so good Robert! I’ve not had pork souvlaki and that will likely change.

Well Jeff, I'd recommend giving it a run. One can only imagine the master piece you'll put together.

I had it on my list to do also. You did it justice for sure.

Thanks Brian. This one is easy to do so give it a run. then we want to see some fish threads from you coming off that new boat of yours :emoji_wink:

Robert

Awesome Robert! Very nice thread and you done BandCollector BandCollector BandCollector BandCollector proud!

Thanks so much Justin. Believe me, if I'd botched this it would not have gotten posted :emoji_laughing: My intention was to give a huge and much deserved shout out to BandCollector BandCollector for his original thread and to share with others how fantastic it is.

Boy howdy, you are just killing it on some truly great cooks Robert, some fine work there for sure!

Thanks you my friend. this one was actually very easy and turned out to be a fantastic meal.

Yes Please! Man, those look great. And them skeepers look wild. Might need Some of them around here.

Thanks Dave. I love those skewers but they were hard to find. It makes turning them over SO much easier instead of just having a straight skewer turn inside the ingredients when trying to flip them. Beware though, the handles can get hot if too close to the fire. Go ahead and ask how I know this :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Oh man! You did that justice!!!! Beautiful cook executed perfectly! Man I have to make this! I keep planning on going clean eating for a bit, but these keep coming up tempting me! Awesome as always Robert! Love that Santa Maria too!

The kind words are deeply appreciated my friend. I'd have to encourage you to give into temptation and make these babies. Easy to do and absolutely fantastic. Side note, I'm loving that little hybrid Santa Maria grill. It is a blast to cook on and perfect for the two of us with the smaller charcoal pan inside that I built.

Another over the top meal my friend! I could hit those big time! And I forgot all about those fancy looking skewers.

Thanks so much Steve. We really like kabobs around here and those skewers are really nice. They get used regularly.

Nailed it Robert, that plate looks great, and I bet it tasted even better.

Thanks so much Chris and you're right. Appearance does not come close to the flavor that marinade creates in the meat.

Robert

Reactions: bauchjw
That looks great Robert! This is on the shortlist to make. Your pork souvlakia over an open fire doesn’t get any better.

Thanks Joe. If you have a short list you're either overly discriminating or overly active cooking stuff that's posted here :emoji_laughing: After having done them over charcoal I can't see doing them any other way. You just get a flavor that cannot be gotten from a gas grill.

Really looks great Robert

Thank you Jim. I assure you they tasted better than they looked :emoji_wink:

Looks Great, Robert!!!
I'm glad you're getting good use out of your Zig-Zag Skewers!
I have trouble keeping things on mine---Probably not gentle enough with them!

The kind words are appreciated Bear. I love those skewers and thing about you every time I get them out. The only thing I have a hard time getting to stay on them is cherry tomatoes though. No issues with anything else.

Robert

Looks great! Not yet grilling weather here but totally running some soon. Need to try pork

Finally getting around to good grilling weather more consistently. Winter is hit or miss and you never know what it's gonna be like one day to the next. Biggest issue we've had the past several weeks is intense wind. This is not normal but it had put a damper on a wood fired dinner several times recently.

Might be sacrilegious but all mine get some Frank's hot sauce.

If that's the way you like it then there's no sin at all :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: zwiller
Robert sign me up for a table of that for dinner tonight! Very nice! Oh and I see your new little grill is at home doing its thing......see I have to say I told you your patio was missing a Santa Maria..... Your patio is now again complete!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky