Blade Steak? SV Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CTXSmokeLover

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
Central TX
I was browsing the store this week and saw some crazy marbled American wagyu blade steaks. I honestly had never/seen or heard of them but they looked great and the price seemed right so I figured I'd give them a try.
IMG_9999.jpg
IMG_9984.jpg

Zero clue how to cook these things, so I figured I'd throw them in the SV and sear them at the end like a steak. I seasoned/vac sealed them and threw them in the bath at 131 for 8 hours.
IMG_9986.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

Then gave them a quick sear on the Weber:
IMG_0002.jpg

Dumped the leftover juices on top and time to slice.
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg

Supper Time:
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

I was really happy with how these turned out. Like an extremely tender steak, but cheaper. It was a hit as you can see and there was nothing left. Highly recommend if you ever come across at your local meat market. Let me know if anyone else has ever tried these or has a different method of cooking them.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_9984.jpg
    IMG_9984.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 6
Man do those look good perfectly done. With our small population I don't think any type of wagyu has made it into our state.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow...those looks fantastic!! Perfect cook, that's fir sure. You can bring some of those to wherever we decide to hook up in the near future. I wouldn't mind a bit :emoji_laughing: Beautiful cook!!

Robert

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Looks totally awesome. I just did my first American wagyu this week and it was really good. Will have to try your SV on some. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!
Holy cow that looks great! Thinking I'd be licking the cutting board clean. LOL. I am so loving my SV right now.
JIm
Thanks Jim! I'm having fun experimenting with the SV as well. Definitely a fun toy
Man do those look good perfectly done. With our small population I don't think any type of wagyu has made it into our state.

Point for sure
Chris
I appreciate that Chris! My local store (HEB) always has a good selection of American Wagyu cuts at decent prices so I'm a little spoiled. I had never seen this one before so thought it was worth a shot. I've also had their wagyu chuck roasts. I'd say it's a little more succulent than Prime. Really good stuff for the price.
that really looks amazing!! thanks for sharing
Thanks tbern!
Great job for sure.
Thank you!
Wow...those looks fantastic!! Perfect cook, that's fir sure. You can bring some of those to wherever we decide to hook up in the near future. I wouldn't mind a bit :emoji_laughing: Beautiful cook!!

Robert
Thanks Robert! It's only a matter of time but we will make it happen..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky