Blackstone Air Fryer - question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

black05tj

Original poster
Dec 9, 2012
Texas
Looking to get a Blackstone, and trying to decide between the standard flat top, or one that also has the air fryer. We don't do a lot of frying, but some tater tots/suzie q's/fries would be nice when we do burgers.

My main question is how well the air fryers are sealed up. This thing will sit outside with a cover. I know we won't be able to keep mice, lizards, and tree frogs out completely, but I'm uneasy about the thought of opening up the fryer to find decaying bodies/nests/etc. where my meals would be cooked.

Any experience, thoughts, tips or tricks regarding the BS air fryers and/or critter solutions?

On edit: I haven't been able to look over one yet. Reason being, my employer will be carrying them soon, but does not have them in stock at the moment. I looked at one a year or so ago, but it didn't have the air fryer option.

Last edited:
Might be awhile getting an answer for this. I haven't heard of anyone here that has a BS with the airfryer.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure how many might have it. Everybody I know just has the flat top as well - and they all really like it. When we get one in at a store and I have a chance to look at it, I'll try to remember to snap some pics and share in case anyone else has the same curiosity.

I have one, they are sealed up fairly good. I did get a cover and the eaves of the house also provide additional coverage. They work pretty good, definitely get hot. The cons are the baskets are pretty small, can have food stick and if you have a bunch going on up top, you really don’t need any more activity on the front. If I bought it again I would just get the regular with hinged lid. We don’t eat a lot of tots or fries anymore so ymmv.

Reactions: black05tj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky