Blackened Redfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I made these pickled Cucumbers last week as part of a seared tuna recipe. Man where they good. Had to make again. I think can reuse the liquid. Here is the recipe:

Pickled Cucumbers ▢ 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar, Kikkoman ▢ 1/2 cup water ▢ 1/3 cup sugar ▢ 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt ▢ 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes, dried ▢ 2 6-inch japanese cucumbers, or Persian, cut into ⅛-inch slices. Boil and pour over cucumbers. Let sit 30 minutes and refrigerate.

20210615_152754.jpg 20210615_155311.jpg

Made some sauteed patty pan squash. Had some left over cauliflower mash so made a fried patty. I thought the fish was thawed but went I temp it in pan was only 65. Turned heat down to finish and ended up turning out really good. I do not use high heat when I blacken as I do not have a vent but it comes out great. I need to work on plating! Thanks for looking.

20210615_164500.jpg

Last edited:
That plate look good. I've Blackened in Restaurants but agree too Smokey at home. I remember seeing a newly Thinner Chef Paul, talking about how he now BRONZES Seafood instead of Blackening. Bronzing is the same meat and Seasoning, just Sautéed at 350°F rather than 600°F+.
I find Bronzed Fish is sweeter and you can taste the seafood...JJ

That plate look good. I've Blackened in Restaurants but agree too Smokey at home. I remember seeing a newly Thinner Chef Paul, talking about how he now BRONZES Seafood instead of Blackening. Bronzing is the same meat and Seasoning, just Sautéed at 350°F rather than 600°F+.
I find Bronzed Fish is sweeter and you can taste the seafood...JJ
I think I prefer it this way. The fish is so moist and still has the flavor.

I'd win no prized on my plating either. But what you got on that plate looks darn good. I'd not turn it down.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky