Bison ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoked bison

Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
New to this game....just got a timberline traeger...I have a bison ranch and am looking for interesting recipes...located in central Alberta

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome.
Gee Bison...well I would think a person would fix the different meats close to how you would do beef. For the most part slow and low.
Ah what do you do with testicles (just curious)?
Also wondering do Bison have sweet bread type gland?
kit

New to this game....just got a timberline traeger...I have a bison ranch and am looking for interesting recipes...located in central Alberta

Hi there and welcome!

I don't know that I will have much input as I don't eat much bison but I LOVE the bison burgers I get my hands on!

I think the main thing will be to understand how fatty the bison ribs are. If they are lean like wild game then I would think that you would want to foil them after some time to keep them from drying out.

If they are nice, meatty, and have plenty of fat and tissue, then I would smoke them like beef ribs (without foiling).

The key to any ribs are to ensure they are tender and pull them when that happens.

The amazing standard of Salt, Pepper, Onion, and Garlic would be the seasoning/rub I would go with... maybe add a few pinches of cayenne pepper like I do with my steaks for flavor not burn.

I look forward to seeing the post of the ribs when you do them and I wish you the best of luck! :)

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky