Birthday Santa Maria From A Great Friend!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jake, that is one very nice gift… you deserve it my friend… Enjoy!

tx smoker tx smoker has a heart as big as he is! He’s a great friend and truly an awesome guy! Robert is one phenomenal and amazing person!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Thanks so much Robert for the AWESOME birthday gift. Something I've truly always wanted!

You are more than welcome my friend. Being that we overcame some...uh...shall we say "adversity" in the beginning to become great friends makes this even more special. I'm really happy with the way this came out. If you notice, there are o visible welds. Everything is welded either from the inside or the bottom so it makes for a very clean look. Additionally, I got some great advice from our good friend civilsmoker civilsmoker about some tools that would make things easier and turn out a better product. I bought both of them and he was right. Made a huge difference in timeliness, efficiency, and overall quality of the build.

Robert is turning out some quality work and that'll sure make for a special day !

A supportive wife who manages the purse strings has been a huge help in me developing a few techniques to improve the work.

He doesn't like to admit it but he has pretty darn good fabrication skills.

Heck, even an old blind dog is gonna find a bone once in a while :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
.I see an addition being built at Robert's house for metal fabricating.

I've been contemplating a detached garage for a few years but labor and material prices are insane right now. When the bottom falls out of the market and people are hungry for work it'll get done then.

Robert is a talented fella! He may wind up swamped with orders.

Thank you. The orders can come pouring in and they will just sit there unfilled :emoji_laughing: I'm not looking to make this a job or to make any money...just occupy my time.

Nice job Robert you did good again.

Thank you so much Jerry. I appreciate the kind words, as I appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for this forum :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: OldSmoke
And Robert is doing an amazing job with these grills!

Thanks Steve. Getting a bit better with practice.

If I could just get Robert tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker to find me a fishing boat Would make me a happy camper!

Well Brian, as I see it you have two options. you can load up a bunch of steel, come down, and we build you one. The other option is that you just come down and buy one. I took a quick look at the Austin area Craig's List postings and there are tone of fishing boats available here in all sorts of sizes and a bunch of them seem very reasonably priced. You may want to check out the listings in this area. There's a great chance you'll find exactly what you're looking for. Come down, have dinner, buy a boat, have another dinner, then head back north :emoji_wink:

Hats off to Robert

Thank you Jim. this was a true pleasure to build. No problems along the way except for some issues with the final paint but got that solved pretty quick. Overall a great experience.

Robert

Robert has some real talent, enjoy!

Not talent per se, just a desire to see my ideas come to life...and sometimes it can be a struggle with my limited experience. This time is was seamless though.

WOW!!!! What an awesome gift. Awesome job Robert.

Thanks so much Gary. Jake deserves it after all that he and Emily have shared with me...like a great friendship :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: OldSmoke
Ya, that’s awesome! Good work tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker

Thanks so much Derek. Great to see you again sir. Hope you can drop in more often. Always nice to see ya join in the fun

tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker has a heart as big as he is! He’s a great friend and truly an awesome guy!

Come on now...you're making me blush :emoji_blush:

What a great friend you have there!!!

Hey....he started it, not me :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Austin area Craig's List postings
I actually have been looking at it. I also been searching a 500 mile area from Sherman. I been looking every day for months now. Just not seeing what I want. About 19' Alum F/S style with 4 stroke engine. Trying to stay under $25,000. I been seeing some around Mi, Ohio area but they going for closer to $40,000. Sooner or later maybe I will find.:emoji_confounded:

I got the garlic sauce on the stove. Going to be spicy!

I been eyeing this but not 4 stroke and its a Mercury. Pretty darn close to what I want though. My fishing buddy keeps telling me two musts are not a Mercury and 4 Stroke.

1641833230441.png

Last edited:
.... Additionally, I got some great advice from our good friend civilsmoker civilsmoker about some tools that would make things easier and turn out a better product. I bought both of them and he was right. Made a huge difference in timeliness, efficiency, and overall quality of the build....

Glad the worked out for ya! Having the right tools in the shop can and does save LOTS of fab time! Getting perfectly square cut lines to weld up just makes for a way better fab, oh and way safer....IE lets face it the 4.5 angle grinder isn't the top of list for injury free tools...

Oh very very nice build! Very clean and functional, that is open fire cooking dream right there! Congrats Jake

Yo TNJAKE TNJAKE you have a 75 pound package headed your way. FedEx is saying Thursday delivery but it'll probably be Friday. Last pick up at the shipping place is supposed to be 4:00 but the girl got there at 2:30 s we may have missed the window of opportunity today. I'll keep you posted on the shipping progress.

Robert

What a great gift Jake and happy early birthday!! That grill looks built tough enough to hand down as a family heirloom! Looking forward to your first cook on it. SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan laid out a pretty good first cook on his. It's looking like a TN Throwdown is on the horizon.

And I'll send you my address Jake since Robert has a "No Return "policy. You know ....in case it's the wrong color or size 🤣

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky