Birria Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I got some of that Chimayo Red Chile Powder SmokinEdge SmokinEdge has posted about. Kind of expensive stuff but used my credit card rewards to get it. This stuff is so good and heat level perfect! I made his red sauce recipe and added chucks of smoked pork butt. Took that and made Birria Tacos. Woops I forgot the cilantro. My poor Blackstone has not seen any action since I got this electric griddle. So nice having everything close at hand in kitchen.

IMG_20221028_110835387_HDR.jpg IMG_20221028_114657010.jpg IMG_20221028_115127859_HDR.jpg IMG_20221028_140733450_HDR.jpg IMG_20221030_143523249.jpg IMG_20221030_143733220.jpg IMG_20221030_143826997_HDR.jpg IMG_20221030_143859566_HDR.jpg IMG_20221030_144038594_HDR.jpg

I got some of that Chimayo Red Chile Powder SmokinEdge SmokinEdge has posted about. Kind of expensive stuff but used my credit card rewards to get it. This stuff is so good and heat level perfect! I made his red sauce recipe and added chucks of smoked pork butt. Took that and made Birria Tacos. Woops I forgot the cilantro. My poor Blackstone has not seen any action since I got this electric griddle. So nice having everything close at hand in kitchen.

View attachment 647487View attachment 647486View attachment 647485View attachment 647488View attachment 647483View attachment 647482View attachment 647481View attachment 647480View attachment 647479
Mmmmmm looks amazing to me, good work! :)

Those are some mighty inviting takos Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

They look awesome Brian! Gonna have to make them sometime!

Ryan

Looks really good. There is a little taco place that just opened near me. I hear they specialize in birria tacos. I'll have to check it out to see if it's something I want to try making myself.

Looks tasty. I've been thinking about birria lately. Must be the chilly weather.
I use mostly guajillo chiles (about 6), and just for fun I include a couple of reds and maybe an ancho. I toast the dried chiles, rehydrate in hot water, and puree with spices. I add a few serranos or jalapeños for heat.
See here for video with my recipe.

Looks tasty. I've been thinking about birria lately. Must be the chilly weather.
I use mostly guajillo chiles (about 6), and just for fun I include a couple of reds and maybe an ancho. I toast the dried chiles, rehydrate in hot water, and puree with spices. I add a few serranos or jalapeños for heat.
See here for video with my recipe.
I have a very good red sauce from dried chiles from chilerelleno chilerelleno . I was wanting to see how that Chimayo tasted. I will take a look at yours. Thanks

Brian that looks great buddy. You know we love us some Mexican themed food around here and that's right up our alley. Matter of fact, I just ordered some of the Chimayo Red Chile Powder. Gonna be here Wednesday and plan on using it immediately :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks fantastic Brian, and I’m glad you got the authentic Chimayo, lots of nockoffs out there. Nice work on the sauce and the birria.

been hungry for tacos and yours look great!!
Thanks
Mmmmmm looks amazing to me, good work! :)
Thanks. If you end up with too much venison this year I would take it off your hands!
Those are some mighty inviting takos Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Those look great Bryan, need to do some tex-mex soon

They look awesome Brian! Gonna have to make them sometime!

Ryan

Looks fantastic Brian! I’ll have to check that spice out.

Mighty good looking taco’s there Brian!
I’ll take 2 please!
Al

Nice take on Birria! I love it! Great work!

Wow! What a great method for making a braise of smoked pork chunks. That’s a lot of extra surface area you’re creating. Brilliant.

Looks really good. There is a little taco place that just opened near me. I hear they specialize in birria tacos. I'll have to check it out to see if it's something I want to try making myself.

See here for video with my recipe
Thanks all
Brian that looks great buddy. You know we love us some Mexican themed food around here and that's right up our alley. Matter of fact, I just ordered some of the Chimayo Red Chile Powder. Gonna be here Wednesday and plan on using it immediately :emoji_wink:

Robert
Hopefully you got a genuine one. There a lot of blends out there. Think you will like it.
Brian , I see my 3 , what are you going to have

Looks and sounds real good Brian

David
Thanks David
Looks fantastic Brian, and I’m glad you got the authentic Chimayo, lots of nockoffs out there. Nice work on the sauce and the birria.
I seen a lot of blends not to say they not good though. Got to figure out what next now?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky