Bird is the word.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some great looking wings Chris! Franks and butter is a classic!!

And just when that song dropped out from my memory, you post that video.

When I was in school, our local news station had the Snowbird and would play that song while they showed the school cancellations….you would hear that song about 5 times watching and hoping they changed your school from a 2HR delay to Closed.

Thanks Xray and for the like. I wish our local news would have done that. All we ever got was the scrolling of closures at the bottom the screen. I only remember one or two total closures. Most of time is was delays.

Here, I'll make it easy:

Bear
Geeze Bear I didn't mean any offence. I was just pointing out some of the gimmicky songs, and "Bird is the word" fit this post.

Every generation has their serious music and their gimmicky catchy tunes. We had meaningful songs also. Like the Boomtown Rats - "I don't like Mondays" or Henry Gross's song " Shannon". These are just two that come to mind. On the flip side we had our humerus songs also. Like "Rubber Biscuit" as posted above or Ray Stevens "The Streak".

Sorry if I offended you.
Chris

Geeze Bear I didn't mean any offence. I was just pointing out some of the gimmicky songs, and "Bird is the word" fit this post.

Every generation has their serious music and their gimmicky catchy tunes. We had meaningful songs also. Like the Boomtown Rats - "I don't like Mondays" or Henry Gross's song " Shannon". These are just two that come to mind. On the flip side we had our humerus songs also. Like "Rubber Biscuit" as posted above or Ray Stevens "The Streak".

Sorry if I offended you.
Chris

LOL---You didn't offend me with that one.
My main point was "Don't blame the era---We didn't like "Bird is a Word" type songs when they were current with us. And the 50s & 60s had more songs with stories than other eras. And I was more worried about offending those who get excited with their Heavy Metal Crap.
WE liked songs you could Slow Dance to, not songs you could do drugs to!

Bear

Reactions: gmc2003
My main point was "Don't blame the era---We didn't like "Bird is a Word" type songs when they were current with us. And the 50s & 60s had more songs with stories than other eras. And I was more worried about offending those who get excited with their Heavy Metal Crap.
I'll leave that one alone. I'm a big fan of Deep Purple, Grand Funk, Triumph, Van Halen and others. However I also enjoy soft rock, oldies, progressive and other genres.

Chris

Nice wings
Your neighbors have some funny looking yard birds?
chicken.jpg

My neighbors are gonna think I'm a ding dang dong when I do the Chicken dance around the beer pole next time I make wings.
I'm not sure if I've ever been to a wedding dance that didn't play the The Chicken Dance

Nice wings
Your neighbors have some funny looking yard birds?
View attachment 628559

I'm not sure if I've ever been to a wedding dance that didn't play the The Chicken Dance
Appreciate it Fueling and for the like. Yeah the Chicken dance and the line dance seem to be wedding mainstays.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky