Big Labor day weekend w heavy pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like you had your hands full with not only the smoking, but all the prep work. I am sure all family and friends were quite impressed, and full. Have never tried Moinks either. Sounds simple enough though. Are those about the size of golf ball or a little bigger if 3 hrs time ?
Like...

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
That all looks great. A weekend well spent I'd say. The prices on the meat amaze me. Occasionally, very occasionally, I'll see butts for .99 but I never see brisket for anything near that $1.99 price.

Butts usually got on sale every 3 weeks or so around here for $.99 lb. The brisket was just a crazy sale. Normally choice goes for $2.99 lb or so and if you can make it to Costco they are around $3.99 lb

Nice smoke John! I second Smokin Al, that’s a marathon smoke. Only thing is, I thought the folks on Rocky Top got their corn from a jar....

Lol. Rocky Top is in a pretty bad state right now due to our football team so we have to smoke up to ease some of the pain. Corn from a jar wont cut it

Looks like you had your hands full with not only the smoking, but all the prep work. I am sure all family and friends were quite impressed, and full. Have never tried Moinks either. Sounds simple enough though. Are those about the size of golf ball or a little bigger if 3 hrs time ?
Like...

They were about the size of a golf ball once I put the cheese cubes in the middle. I cut the bacon in half and its usually just about the right size to go around it.

How did I miss these incredible spreads?

Dang John, you certainly know how to throw down for a football game.
Very, very nice spreads of great food.
Fantastic even.
Like!

Been watching the Crimson Tide roll in thelast two Saturdays, the only question is whether they cover the spread.
The curb stomping has been so bad, so boring, we stop watching and go hit the pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Thank you for the kind words. It was good!

TN is in such disrepair its not even fun watching anymore. Sad really. Lost to Georgia community college then BYU this past week. Cant wait till conference games start :emoji_astonished:. Maybe 1 win this year?

Thank you for the kind words. It was good!

TN is in such disrepair its not even fun watching anymore. Sad really. Lost to Georgia community college then BYU this past week. Cant wait till conference games start :emoji_astonished:. Maybe 1 win this year?

I was thinking of becoming a Vol fan just to have some of that spread you made...but being a Redskin/Orioles fan, I just don’t have enough room on my plate for more misery.

Lol. The deadskins is what I call them.

Yesterday at work I was checking the score and it looked like the skins finally figured out how to play football....Well, by the time I get home, I check the score and they blew it!!!

Redskins never should have let Cousins walk. But hey at least the titans blew the hell out of the browns!

Lol. The deadskins is what I call them.

Yesterday at work I was checking the score and it looked like the skins finally figured out how to play football....Well, by the time I get home, I check the score and they blew it!!!

Like Penn State did Saturday Night, Sunday, the Eagles Woke up in the Second Half.
Penn State was down 10 to 7 at half, but won the game 45 to 13.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky