Big Family Christmas Party tomorrrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamofnh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Chester, Nh
So I need to Smoke something to bring.  I decided to Smoke another Pork Butt for Pulling.  It's a 9#er.  Just finished getting it in the Smoker.  It should be done by 8:30.  Put a pan under it to catch all the juice's to pour over it tomorrow morning when I reheat it.  I'm also going to do another Smoked Butternut Squash to go with it.  I'll put that in the Smoker in a little while.  So far this is what's Smokin.

Looks good , man. Enjoy the pahty !
Thanks and I got more compliments than I ever thought I would, especially with being a Newbie.  I brought the Pulled Pork and the left over Smoked Sausage that I did the day before.  Served the Pulled Pork hot and the Sausage with cheese and crackers.  They really loved the Sausage.  I did too, I need to go get some more to Smoke up.  Mmmm

Hey I just noticed I Graduated. ha ha ha  Newbie to Fire Starter.  
yahoo.gif
 he he he  Shucks Guys.
icon_redface.gif

I meant to mention the smoked squash too....I have done that a few times and it is just sooooo good. What was the sausage that you smoked?
grilling_smilie.gif
Ya the Squash is Mmmmm isn't it.  It takes a long time, like 8 hours to completely soften.  But it is worth it.  I used 50/50 Pecan and Apple to smoke that.  Now to answer what sausage I Smoked:  I thought you might be the one to ask that, well I used Sweet Italian and to my surprise and everyone I served it to none of us would have expected it to taste like it did.  It had a nice smokey flavor that continued as long as you wanted to chew it.  The smokey juices just kept coming out with each chew.  It was awesome.  I'm doing more sausage probably this weekend.  Mmmm

Ya the Squash is Mmmmm isn't it.  It takes a long time, like 8 hours to completely soften.  But it is worth it.  I used 50/50 Pecan and Apple to smoke that.  Now to answer what sausage I Smoked:  I thought you might be the one to ask that, well I used Sweet Italian and to my surprise and everyone I served it to none of us would have expected it to taste like it did.  It had a nice smokey flavor that continued as long as you wanted to chew it.  The smokey juices just kept coming out with each chew.  It was awesome.  I'm doing more sausage probably this weekend.  Mmmm

Oh , I agree the sausage from the supermarket is transformed into something heavenly when you smoke it ...when I cook just about anything , I throw on some sausage to use later in spaghetti sauce or chili. Stuff is just unreal. :sausage:

Yup I am enjoying the Smoker, just not the cleaning up every piece of it after each cook.  Racks, rack holders, drip pan, angled drip to Steaming pan.  Are you suppose to clean the walls all the time too?  That I haven't done.  Oh oh.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky