• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Big Easy Frying Question

jack l

Joined Jul 11, 2016
I know this is a smoking meats forum for the most part, but for Thanksgiving I plan to smoke a ham in my Smokin-It 3D while frying a turkey in my Char-Broil Infra Red fryer.  I purchased the fryer a year ago (maybe 2 at this point) and used it once.

Since I am not using oil frying allows the freedom to coat turkeys as you wish.  Has anyone ever actually coated a turkey like you would chicken in your Big Easy?    What about using brown sugar in your dry rub?  Just curious.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
I would be concerned with brown sugar burning on it. I like to season under the skin after I brine it and a little more on the skin.

jack l

Joined Jul 11, 2016
Thanks Brian.  I can't remember the one time I did use it whether I used brown sugar in my dry rub, but I agree that it will char the skin.

rjob

Smoke Blower
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 15, 2015
Have done several 10-12 # birds with only a rub under the skin. Skin was crisp but not much flavor.Very moist and good comments from guests.For me I will not fry a turkey again. You might try Big Easy forum on the Charbroil site many very competent users post cooking methods.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.