Big Easy Frying Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jack l

Original poster
Jul 11, 2016
South of the state of Kansas
I know this is a smoking meats forum for the most part, but for Thanksgiving I plan to smoke a ham in my Smokin-It 3D while frying a turkey in my Char-Broil Infra Red fryer.  I purchased the fryer a year ago (maybe 2 at this point) and used it once.

Since I am not using oil frying allows the freedom to coat turkeys as you wish.  Has anyone ever actually coated a turkey like you would chicken in your Big Easy?    What about using brown sugar in your dry rub?  Just curious.

I would be concerned with brown sugar burning on it. I like to season under the skin after I brine it and a little more on the skin.

Have done several 10-12 # birds with only a rub under the skin. Skin was crisp but not much flavor.Very moist and good comments from guests.For me I will not fry a turkey again. You might try Big Easy forum on the Charbroil site many very competent users post cooking methods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky